Crazy Betta!

bubblegoose

My betta was very sick awhile back, with some pretty bad fin rot....but with a little tender love and care, he's doing much better now. His tail seems to grow by the day...except for this wierd spot at the top, where there always seems to be a tear in it. Strangest thing happened the other day when I was watching him. He started chasing his tail in a little circle, zooming around, and around. Then he all of a sudden sort of jumped, then went and hid in the corner. :lol: I was laughing so hard, as I've only ever heard of dogs chasing their tails! The bad part is that he actually did bite himself, and he left a tear in the top of the fin! Which explains why the top of the fin doesn't seem to want to grow back! :(

What a crazy betta!!! :blink:

Sorry he bit himself, but that is funny! Maybe he thinks it's another male in the tank. :lol: Hopefully he will learn that chase and bite equals an ouchy. :P My betta will flare at anything that comes near the tank. He thinks he is so big and bad. They really do have funny little personalities. I'm about ready to get a tank divider for the 5 gallon and get another betta. They are great fish.

I would LOVE to get a 10 gallon, and move my betta and a new betta into it (with a divider of course)...but I just don't have the room. Maybe though I'll give Pedro a nice 5 gallon just for himself...ever since I moved him from the one gallon into the 2 he's gotten at least twice as interesting to watch! I'd love to see him in a 5!

Anyways, I too hope he stops biting himself...as the tail is growing quite nicely on the bottom, but he keeps biting the top off...what a wierdo! I wonder how many times it will take him to learn! :rolleyes:

Archived