Sign in to follow this  
Kasper

Moor Not Eating

Frida and Sketti are in a new tank together and Frida is a PORKER. I put the food in and she swims around and gobbles EVERYTHING, seriously shes stuffing everything into her mouth at once, resulting in Sketti being without food. I have tried putting in a peice to distract her while hand feeding Sketti, but when he knows hes getting fed he kindof flips out. He usually ends up knocking the food out of my hand and Frida gets it. Then I tried putting in sinking food for Frida to chase and flake food for Sketti to eat at the top. Sketti again flipped and knocked most of it to the bottom, causing Frida to get more then her fair shair. At this rate Sketti is going to starve and Frida is going to pop. He has now taken to sifting through the gravel at feeding time because Frida is, and she is still getting about 85-90% of the food. Hes just not fast enough. Im able to feed him peas occasionaly but again he usually knocks it off the toothpick and Frida gets it. Oh and another one was I tried to get them interested in seperate sides of the tank to eat, but they would not go for that, they have to mimik one another. Would it be to stressfull for Sketti to take him out twice a day, put him in a seperate tank and feed him? I have heard of dividers for tanks but Im sure I could not afford one, even if its only $10.00, car broke down and Im in the hole a bit. Could I take a kindof net and isolate Frida till Sketti is done eating, or maybe feed Sketti that way? Im so scared Im going to stress them out.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Kel

I got a breeders net, my mother was nice enough to loan me the money for it. I let Sketti swim into the net then I hooked it to the side, poured the food in and he got every single bit of it. Frida looks Just livid, lol Shes at the bottom of the net biting at the food sitting on the bottom, with no avail, even though I just gave her a pinch of her ownI.

:rofl

What a Porker.

Great idea! I am glad you were able to come up with something.

LOL. I have only been doing the net for the feeding but Sketti has allready learned that when I grab it its feeding time. He swims willingly into it now. At first I had to chase him. EKKE!

Sorry If Im bothering anyone. I love this site though =D

Dont worry, you are not bothering ANYONE! :D We love hearing stories, and cute things goldfish do, its a nice way to put a smile on the end of that day.

I like how your goldfish swims up to you now! Isnt it nice when you develop a bond with them? Hey, did you try to hand feed him? Like, put the food in your hand and have him eat off of it. People on here do it, if you want to bond with them more, if he comes to your net so willingly now, it shouldnt br hard to train with your hand. :)

Guest happy2share
:exactly What a splendid idea! You already came up with a wonderful solution to a problem, now you could turn it into a wonderful bonding time! I love it when caring people get rewarded! Good Job Kasper!!!

Yes Sketti does eat from my hand. Mostly just Peas and lettuce, he gets so spastic though that he usually knocks it out of my hand :rofl Such a little goober.

Frida on the other hand is an independant fish, Or so I call her. She will not come to me at ALL! Ive only had her for 6 months though, Sketti has been mine for 3 years. Hes my little Stunted boy.

You guys are AWSOME =)

Pic of Frida trying to eat Skettis food through the netting.

FoodLustcopy.jpg

Edited by Kasper

you should post something about this in the Tip of the mouth secition....Good job hun :D