How Many Commons For A 30 Gallon Tank?

fallenlordz

2 would fit in there for a few years, I think... when they're both full grown, they might need something a little bigger, since commons can get to 12"or longer, and they wouldn't have room to swim.

1 would be perfect, though he/she would get lonely, so i would get 2.. but try not to overcrowed the tank with toys and stuff you dont really need. Or, u could go for a fish which is a slower grower.

The 2 commons should be fine for some years until u can afford a bigger tank.

~Nick

Thanks for the replys, But in the end - I returned him to the fish store yesterday. He was a little to crazy for me. He would get startled very easily, he would then move my gravel and make all the poop fly everywhere.

Not my kind of fish (he was beautiful though :rolleyes: )

Instead I got this huge Calico Oranda.... Alittle pricey, but well worth it. He/she looks like a little puppy fish. I will try and get some pics up tommorow. :blink:

-Now I know I room for one more huge Fancy Goldfish- :hoho

I had to return a young koi I got because he was far too aggressive towards my other fish.

He's still at the petstore, in with some fancy goldfish... and he's still only about 3 inches long, whereas my guys, who are about 2 months younger, are much much bigger. I still feel kind of bad for returning him, but he was a little terror.

I think your oranda is really cute; the more I see pics of the pepper-sprinkled calicos the more I like them! Looks like he has some little poms too :-) Or are they part of his wen? I can't tell but he's definitely a keeper!

Guest starsmom

fallenlordz:

What a beautiful fish! Congratulations! I too am wondering if those are pompoms? Keep posting pics as your fish grows, i will be intereseted to see how those end up!

I saw a calico pom-pom at my LFS once, it was really a cool looking fish! Wish I could have gotten it, but didn't have the room.

Laura

Archived