Pearlscale Dad And Oranda Mom

bettaqueen

I know a oranda and pearlscale have been bred together before to produce a pearlscale oranda. I was just wondering if my male pearlscale Glow ( even though he is small I believe he is a male- was chasing one of the other pearscales trying to mate with her) and my black oranda Princess ( I believe she is a female because her vent is showing) would mate I was curious what color their babies would be. Of course they have to overcome their bought of ick first. I was thinking they might produce black pearlscale orandas. What do you experienced breeders on here think?I have not seen him chase her around yet ( it was one of my female pearlscales that died that he used to chase) . He just became used to her. He was hiding for a while but now is buddies with her and I got a feeling he soon will be chasing her after they recover from their exposure to ick.

Definetely an interesting combination there, Kris... :lol: You might get a few orandas, a few pearlscales, and definetely a lot of "inbetweens". Maybe a few pearlscales with a slight wen, or an oranda with a few pearlscale features.

Archived