Complete 72 Gallon Bowfront - $600cad

mkinga

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had oceanic fish tanks. There is a sale at my local pet store for a complete set (stand/tank/light/top) of a 72 gallon bowfront, oceanic brand - for $600 dollars (canadian).

Anyone have any problems with this brand? It is a lot cheaper than other pet stores in my area.

Thanks!

Guest Luke Anderson

hey:)

Oceanic is manufactured by allglass, which is a reputable company. The oceanic is their top of the line tanks and i have never heard of people having problems with them :)

i saw what i beleive to be the same setup for sale at a store around here (saskatchewan), for sale for $750.00, so $600.00 sounds like a decent price. ;)

Guest SpunkyOranda

These are some King Ed prices

90 Gallon Combo Glass Tank+Glass Top+Light Strip

$299.99

38 Gallon+hood+bulb

$99.99

180 Gallon Plexi Glass Tank

$859.99

Oceanic 46 Gallon+Cabinet+Hood

$399.99

B)

Of course! BTW, does anyone know if its okay to put in sand instead of gravel? I think it would look good with my goldfish, but if its not good for them I won't.

I have heard of using sand as well, on that goldfish list I am on, you are on it too touchofsky is that where you heard about the sand. It sounded really neat, but I am such a putz I am sure that I would mess it up somehow LOL.

I am interested in whether anyone here uses it as well.

(SOrry for my punctuation, my keyboard will not let me use question marks or some other keys, it`s stuck on French mode or something ?

Jessica

Guest SpunkyOranda

I think you can mix coral with sand. The coral will increase PH and I find it much cheaper than that powder stuff. Coral also last forever :D

I want told that powder stuff is really just baking soda :blink: You dumping it down the drain everytime you do water changes and adding more. You get your new goldfish yet?

Nope, not yet.. gotta let the new tank cycle. I hope its faster though, because I transfered a bunch of stuff from my old tank to the new tank. The sand looked cool, but I decided against it, it might be a pain to clean. I just added some gravel stuff I got at the local pet store.

I'm going to head over to that pet store in vancouver (mentioned in that thread in the main discussion forum) to buy a couple goldfish once it cycles. The white and red lionheads there are soo cute looking :) . Also the red capped orandas are nice too! Its so hard to pick out the fish. They have these HUGE black pom-pom goldfish that are very big, like at least 7-8 inches I think. Biggest I've seen in a pet store.

I also ordered some food from www.mops.ca I hope that they like pro gold...

yup, bought one a few days ago.. filling up the 72 gallon took like 10 minutes from my tap! Had to get a super long one, only one of my faucets fit.. cost me like 60 dollars.. but its worth it, transfering 10 buckets a week would kill me!

I do water changes on 175 gallons of water (in 7 various aquariums), plus water changes for two 50 gallon Rubbermaid tubs in the basement (with the pond fish), manually, using buckets.

This is my work out. I have nice hard biceps ... no flabby upper arms for me :rofl

Yeah! me too, they are always so much more expensive than regular tanks though :( .

Yeah, king ed seems so much cheaper than other local pet stores, they have a lot of stuff, though the place is pretty messy, but they do very good business, they sell more than 20 tanks a week apparently.

Their supplies aren't quite as cheap as in the US though, with that 20 dollar off coupon (refering to that thread in the main discussion forum) to cancel the insane 18 dollar shipping charge to canada from vvvv, I'm going to buy my stuff there!

Archived