Ick Or Something Else?

Guest morosmo

Guest morosmo

i recently bought a black moor and a veiltail goldfish. the guy at the store told me they had had ick,but had been treated and were fine. there was nothing visible on them. the first day they did good and swam all around and played together. then they started only swimming at the top and gulping for air. the black moor,kaya, did not look good at all and his color began turn brownish. after a day of this the goldfish, moro, was doing better and began swimming more, but kaya was getting worse. when i woke up today he was dead. so i took him back to the store where the lady told me someone took down the "no sale" sign and that they had had only one treatment. she gave me the ick treatment for free(duh) and a refund for kaya. then i went to vvvv and picked out the biggest,prettiest black moor they had..i named him kohroku. he did fine when i first put him in and would look at me w/his big eyes..so cute. when i came home during my dinner break he was still doing good. then after work i didnt see him. i have a "log" diagonal in the tank w/a hole the middle so they chill under it and i saw him down there. but he wasnt moving. so i took the log out and he was dead too.he also turned a light brown color.moro is fine though, actually looking better then ever. i emptied the tank water again and washed off all the river rocks and the "log" and its artificial plants and added the treatment again before putting moro back in. shes swimming allover the place right now and ate some for me. the only thing that worries me about her is that when she eats she holds it in for a minute then spits most of it back out. kohroku did that too earlier today. so im not sure if theyre dying from a disease or parasite or if moro is even killing them???im afraid to get another fish until i find out, but i dont want moro to be lonely.

I want to reassure you that moro will be just fine on his own for a while.

Could you please fill in the red box above so we can get an idea of the environment that moro is living in and we can help you further. If you dont have test kits then the pet store should be able to test a sample of both your tank and tap water. Ask as well for them to be written down so you can post back here. :)

In the meantime do a 50% water change.