What Is The Diffrence

Lynn

Are they the same? I have a lovly GF with a long tail. Her body is like a comet, but her tail is as lone as she is, maybe longer. Her color is gold. My daughter calls her Angle. Is she a veil tail or a butterfly fantail? :lol1 Her two tails is stright.

ThinK butterfly wings, like if you drew a butterfly like little kids do, see the shape of the wings, I think that is the shape of a "butterfly" fish's tail. At least that is what I've always thought, so I'm sure someone will correct me if I"m wrong.

A veiltail's tail is straight across at the bottom, it reminds me of "bangs" on a human LOL. I can't describe it very well, but I'm sure you know what I mean, or can at least look up a picture and see what I mean heeheehee.

Sorry for the bad explanation.

Jessica

Oh my goodness I had a fish just like that, but mine was all gold. It was the most beautiful fish! I love your fish. I would really like to find another like it?

I'm not sure what a ribbon tail is, I should look that up, perhaps that is what yours is?

I will try to find a picture.

Jessica

It seem these terms are just used to describe the fins, for example, I have a butterfly moor and a butterfly oranda.

I found a ribbon tail.

gf2.gif

I think that looks like yours!

As to what type of fish, I'm not really sure, perhaps a fantail crossed with something. I'm not sure, but I would seriously like to find another fish like that.

Jessica

Actually this site describes everything and has drawings Different tail types

Hi everyone,

I love looking at pictures of fish :) Here is a picture of Pegasus, what I consider my "ribbontail". He has about a 3" body, and his tail is as long as his body.

Angle is very pretty. Her tail will continue to grow, too :D

post-11-1070567010.jpg

Touchofsky where did you find that fish!

If you ever find another like it please tell me! (If you`re not buying it for yourself) I would kill (ok not kill, but I`d go to great lengths) to get my hands on a fish like that :druel

I am a freak for long fins!

Jessica

Hi Jessica,

OK, it is a deal. If I come upon another long finned fish like Pegasus, I will buy her/him and quarantine it, and if you want it, it is yours :) If not, it is mine :lol:

I actually got Pegasus at Big Al's in Ottawa. I bought another long finned fish from the same tank a short time later. I will get a picture of Harlequin to show you his fins. Harlequin carries his fins more broadly than Pegasus. Harley is orange/white, whereas Pegasus is more of an apricot colour, with the few spangley scales.

Pegasus is very tame and he is the one that will roll and splash at the top of the tank when I come near. He knows how much I love him :D

Archived