Your 'before & After' Pics

• 1 month later...

I just had a good look at how big smooters is getting!!

Smootie by the ball

Smooter by the glass

I love how he looks almost totally different. I didn't think he was going to develop any kind of a hump. I don't know what I did to my camera settings but my photos are all starting to look pink!

The top picture was from last year when I got him, the bottom is from tonight.

Wonderful fish!

Here is a picture of my Pearlie Molly, in Jan 2006. She only stayed in the bowl for one night while I set up a tub for her.

DSCI0215.jpg

DSCI0214.jpg

Molly now in her 135gal

MollyandMilton.jpg

Molly is a lucky fish! :D I remember when I got my pearlies. They were no bigger than marbles and came waddling up to the glass! Is there anything cuter than a baby pearlie??? I don't think so!

• 1 month later...

This is my first tank and fish. It is a tiny 10g. The first 2 pics were taken the day I brought them home. They were so tiny. :r030:

babies.jpg

babies2.jpg

This is what they have now, it is a 55g with proper filtration. This is 7 months later. :goldfish:

tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here are some of mine from the days I got them, which is only April last year for the oldest Dylan and December last year for the Rusty the youngest, and them today.

Dylan - who has the biggest difference

dylanpv7.jpg

dylan2906jh6.jpg

dylan2607072ow4.jpg

download057-2.jpg

Dougal

dougal9aj7.jpg

boys2165es1.jpg

download025.jpg

Mac

mac004gt2.jpg

tanksandotos013.jpg

download016-2.jpg

Rusty

florence012wa4.jpg

boysintankandFlorenceinorb015.jpg

download039-1.jpg

Edited by hpsauce

Guest 5ivedrops

Pearlscolor.jpg Here's my pearlscale when I first got her(?). She was almost completely white with small dashes of black on her dorsal and tail. Soon she developed a weird greenish spot on her side that was the beginning of her belly going all golden. Her black tips have all started turning orange and her ventral went all black and now all orange. I know she is growing too but can't show that in a photo yet.

DSCN0665.jpgHere's the whole family, Buddha the moor and Fannie, the fantail. They are getting bigger which is so cool to see.

P.S. I think my cycle is finally ending at just over 100 days. I know I delayed it by keeping these guys in a 10 gallon for too long. I was getting readings of 5 ppm of Nitrite for WEEKS straight. Now I am down to .25-0 consistently and only changing water once a week, down from 3-4 times weekly on a 55 gallon. My Nitrates are not rising at all yet, just sitting around 10 ppm all the time. I assume over time as the tank reads zero NO2, the NO3 will start to come up.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Absolutely fabulous!!! And so inspiring! I have to get my babies out of their 10 gallon tank!!

• 5 months later...

Love this thread!

Here's my Lani & Maddox when I first brought them home ...

lanimaddox3t.jpg

Here they are 4 months later...

lani_maddox2.jpg

I really hope Lani (Bronze one) keeps her color!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! Here is Mowgli, he's a fantail that has been in my family for about 2-3 years now. This is him last week:

IMG_2869.jpg

This is a picture of him I took about 10 minutes ago:

IMG_2954.jpg

He's losing all his black markings, but so far he is still roughly the same size. This picture isn't very clear, but some of his scales are a metallic gold color. It's so pretty, and I love watching him. He has such a great personality. I think this sudden color change has come about because I recently moved him into my new 55 gallon tank! He's loving all the space. :)

• 2 weeks later...