Goldfish Breeding

Aftran

I've been tinking a lot lately of careers I could have without going to school until I die. This is one that has entered my thoughts more than once.

My biggest worry is does it make enough money to live off of? It would start out really, really small - like living room breeding, then go off to something like a goldfish farm. I don't know very much about breeding goldies, but assuming it's something I'm really interested in I could learn.

but it is a lot of hard work, though. as long as you can keep them alive and free of diseases then it should be worth breeding. goldfish however are a little too small to sell for a lot unless you breed pedegrees and sell them on the internet.

you might have to experimant with a little trial and error before you find the conditions the babies like best, otherwise you could end up spending x10 more on the things when they are little and end up getting diddely squat for them compared to what you spent on bringing them up. hope this helps a little, need anymore help then just ask. :)

hmmmmmmm

I've been wanting this book for a while, but haven't been wanting to spen $20 + shipping.....

Guess it's time to invest! Thanks guys.

And yes, my plan is (hopefully) show quality fishies and an over the net business

Guest starsmom

You can try the used book sellers online for the Johnson/Hess book. Do a search for used books, or try abebooks.com or alibris.com. That's how I found my copy, for $20.

Hope this helps!

Laura

P.S. Jessica, how are your horses doing? :hi

Archived