Woohoo Finally!

Nick

Yay, i bought anohter tank :)

It is about 4 foot long, 18 inches high and 15 inches wide.

I think that is about 55 gallons, what do you think?

I have bought it, but i dont have it here yet, im going to pick it up next week.

I will put my 2 shubunkins in my 20 gallon tank and my 2 feeders in the "55" gallon.

:) now all i gotta do is, buy everything again :(

Can you guys/girls, give me some ideas what to put in it.. like what type of filters and stuff..

Thnx

~Nick

I have had good luck with penguin filters.....I would say give them a whirl! :D

As for everything else you might put in there.....I suppose it depends on what or if you plan on adding any more fish than just your feeders.

nah, for now ill just have the 2 feeders, theyll have heaps of room, and will get BIG :)

Do you think i only need 1 filter or 2? o, i wouldnt need 2, 55 gal isnt that big.

Thnx.

Congratulations on the new tank Nick. I think you should get enough filtration to turn the tank about 9-10 times an hour. 500-600GPH or 1800-2300 LPH. That could be 1 big filter or 2 smaller ones. I'm guessing the tank is about 60 gallons but im not sure........it could be a little more.

Good Luck!

well, i just found out, it is about 55 gallons... What would be better? 1 or 2 filters? and ~how much?

I'm not sure but i think you live in Australia? If thats the case then i think you are able to get Aquaclear HOBs. As an example i would say you can get 1 AC500 or 2 AC300s if you decide you want that type of filter instead of the internal filter you have been using on the 20G. If your parents are able to buy them online it would save them alot of money. The main advantages to having 2 is if something went wrong or if one of them broke down you would still have the other as a backup until you manage to get the problem solved and its also good because you can clean them one at a time so if you were to mess up and lose the good bacteria in one you would still have it in the other. Personally i like to overfilter and if it were my setup i would use an AC500 with an AC300....of course thats easy for me to say because i'm an adult with a job ....i know its alot harder for a kid relying on his parent's money.....I remember what that was like. I have a 29G now and i use both AC300 & AC200.

Hope that helped.

have a LifeTech AP1300F in my 20 gallon, would 2 of those be ok in a 55 gallon, or would i need the stronger one?

I just looked at a site that showed this filter (i've never seen it in the US).....in my opinion two of the AP1300F model would be too small. If you want LifeTech you should either get two of the AP1500F model or just one AP2000F. My first choice would still be Aquaclear though.

Good Luck.

Archived