Comets

Guest MsTLC315

Guest MsTLC315

DSC00297.jpg

This is a picture of Taz the smallest of my comets ...But a big boy non the less

DSC00332.jpg

Here is Tash She is a big girl but still has plenty of time to grow...

DSC00290.jpg

And last but not least here's Tic the biggest boy in the tank

All 3 are going a little breeding crazy..every 3 days so far

I have fry from the 2nd breeding

DSC00341.jpg

Well Just wanted to say Hello and introduce you to my little goldy crew

Doria

Hi Doria :welcome

Your fish are beauties and I just love the pic of the little bitty fry...good luck with them! It's great to have you here on the board and I can't wait to see more of your fish. How long have you been keeping goldies?

Thanks for the pics....we are just a little pic crazy around here! :lol:

Guest MsTLC315
Hi Doria  :welcome

Your fish are beauties and I just love the pic of the little bitty fry...good luck with them! It's great to have you here on the board and I can't wait to see more of your fish. How long have you been keeping goldies?

Thanks for the pics....we are just a little pic crazy around here! :lol:

523737[/snapback]

Thank you for the warm welcome....

I Got these guys about a year ago as feeders for another pet i own

He is Squirtle McTurtle (my son named him lol)

DSC00321.jpg

But he wouldnt eat them and kept them as pets in his tank for 6 months they ended up having so much personality that I had to get them a tank ...now they are growing like weeds and breeding like mad...Tash will need to come out for a little R&R soon tash and tic are about 4in from mouth to base of tail and then tails are another 3in or so Taz is smallest at 3in body but 4in tail ....sitting here now watching tic chase tash around the tank again....must be the 10 days of straight rain we are getting lol

Guest MsTLC315
Is that a snapping turtle??? :blink:

523757[/snapback]

LOL yes Squirtle is a common snapper...and he is still young(about 6in shell) hatched on 10/20/04 he was found by my son (what little boy's can find) and live's the winter in his 75gallon tank and in the summer in a large outdoor wetland tub add that to the snails (apple), cats ( himmy) dogs (rotti) and other critters we have ...lol

Doria

Squirtle McTurtle ! I love the name! :rofl

He's a cutie too....it's really amazing that he kept the fish for pets instead of food, huh? I've heard things like before and it just really impresses me, meant to be I guess.

We've had lots of rain here too but sadly, I have never seen any eggs in my tank (not for the lack of effort from 2 randy males though ;) )...maybe one day... :)

:D Hi Doria,and welcome.Your fish are great looking and getting pretty big there too.It's funny,I have a daughter that at one time kept 4 Turtles.One just happened to be a tiny little Snapper too.It could sit in your palm and it still looked tiny. :D

Well,needless to say,that the turtle grew really fast-to a point where we were actually afraid it would bite a finger off,and he finally had to go to a friend's pond. :lol:

You sound like you have some interesting pets.Looking forward to hearing more about them.Enjoy the forum. :)