Panda!

Guest ForeverTheBard

Guest ForeverTheBard

Andrea, If you can make the trip, check out the vvvv in Casselberry on 17-92 by the Target. They have some more beautiful pandas there as well as some big blue orandas.

Without further ado, I introduce to you..... Crystal! (omg, yes, I branched out into girl names!) :newfish

Here she is in the tank:

FishMay14011.jpg

Here she is in a bucket before I put her into the tank (so you can check out her beautiful tail!):

FishMay14001.jpg

A side view of the tank with Sanchez there too:

FishMay14019.jpg

She is just about the same size as Sanchez, so I think they'll be perfect tankmates. I just cleaned the place out today, did a big water change and rearranged the plants, so everybody should be happy. The temp in that tank is about down to room temp now, and Sanchez is still as healthy as can be! :)

FTB :heart

Guest ForeverTheBard

Thanks! At least this time I don't have the guilt of having "stolen" a fish from vvvv that Andrea wanted (see my thread about my new oranda).. hehehe.. this vvvv is wayyy on the north side of the Orlando area... ;-)

FTB

Guest ForeverTheBard

Man Yu,

Hahhaha.. don't you love plastic plants? I just bought it to have some pink in the tank.

Poking her/him/whateverself in the eye.... That is a thought... hmmm...

FTB

you have a plastic water hyacinth that bloomed a plastic water lily

LOL! I thought the same thing! It has water hyacinth leaves and a lily flower! How odd. :lol: Maybe the person who designed it was a little confused. ;)

It has water hyacinth leaves and a lily flower!  How odd.  :lol: Maybe the person who designed it was a little confused. ;)

523264[/snapback]

Some kind of plastic genetic mutation no doubt. :rofl

Cute panda.

Hey, Erin, so that is your new panda, hm?? :heart Gosh, she is cute! How is Sanchez reacting to her? Glad to have a tankmate now, I bet...

Casselberry is an aweful long way from home. I make it there about 3 times a year, twice before christmas to check out Michaels and his christmas village stuff. Maybe its time for the 3. trip... :lol:

Guest ForeverTheBard

Just remember, Friday is new fish day for Orlando vvvv, so go there on the weekend. :)

Sanchez and Crystal are getting along fine. They swim around each other and look at each other, but are both pretty low-key about things. I think they're better for each other than Blue, who is a little more frisky and pesky. Now that he's the small fry in the big tank, he knows his place. ;-)

FTB

It has water hyacinth leaves and a lily flower!  How odd.  :lol: Maybe the person who designed it was a little confused. ;)

523264[/snapback]

Some kind of plastic genetic mutation no doubt. :rofl

Cute panda.

523265[/snapback]

Plastic plant manufacturers actually routinely perform "hybridization" all the time, even using terrestrial plants sometimes. I still remember when I had a... Ludwidgia, I think, that was blooming cherry blossoms. :rofl