Sign in to follow this  
Guest hayden014

Do Goldfish Any Guppys Mix

Guest hayden014

i would like to have some guppies in with my goldifish and i dont really know wether they would mix and if there would be any problems

all replys are useful

hm... I don't think so. Guppies are tropical, so they'd need a heater. Goldies will do ok at tropical temperatures, but I think they prefer it a lil colder. Guppies and bettas however, make good tank mates if the guppies aren't too colourful or fancy.

hm... I don't think so. Guppies are tropical, so they'd need a heater. Goldies will do ok at tropical temperatures, but I think they prefer it a lil colder. Guppies and bettas however, make good tank mates if the guppies aren't too colourful or fancy.

523180[/snapback]

its true. guppies are tropical fishes and should keep kept in warm waters.. while goldfish is cool, umm the goldfish might eat the guppies. if the guppies are too small....

Unless they were the same size, the goldfish would eat the guppies(or at least harass them)

"If it will fit in their mouth, they will eat it"

:D Bob is right.Goldfish will definately eat anything that can fit into their mouth. :o

As for Guppies and Betta's,well you have to be very careful of that combination too,because Betta's are known to have problems with them too because of their long flowing fins and bright color's too. :)

I had heard not to mix guppys and bettas because of the guppy's flowing tail is like a big flashing "bite me" sign to bettas. lol. Danios, neons, and other small tropical community tetras would probably be ok, Id stay away from the guppys though.