Sign in to follow this  
nichjake

Meet Lucky

I can't believe it! I cleaned out the filter in the 55 gallon tank this morning, its an older biowheel 330 with the extra media baskets....guess what I found!

I found a fry thats been living in the filter, in one of those extra media baskets since Christmas time :o Hes just as big as my other fry that are in their own tank, I'm still in shock that hes alive and healthy, I mean, how is that even possible :blink: . I guess I should clean out the filter more often :lol:

Needless to say I've named him Lucky. His mouth is deformed, it looks more like a bird beak than a fish mouth, but he eats just fine, hes about an inch long. I'll get a picture of him sometime soon but I just had to pop in and tell you guys about this little guy. I just can't believe it :krazy:

Wow how luck is he?? I bet he's glad that you found him :)

Whoa! He sure is lucky :D I can't wait to see some pics of your little guy :D

:blink: That's enough to freak you out for sure.Well,Lucky's made it this far,so hopefully that clean tank water doesn't get him! :lol: Joke of course!!! Where are the pics? :yeah:

Okay, heres some pics of the little guy. Don't worry, I'm not keeping him in that tiny little cup. I only put him in there so I could get some decent pics ;)

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/nichjake05/Lucky/

:) He's cute Nichole,but why am I thinking that my fry looks so much bigger? :lol: The name "Won Ton" seems to be the perfect name for my guy! :rofl

Anyway,who are the parent's,and how many total do you have now?

He's so cute!

I'm not sure who his parents are. I suspect his mother is my calico girl but it could be my red and white and his father....well theres three choices there so I can't be sure ;)

I'm not sure how many fry I have now, it would seem like I'd have a head count by now but they're so fast and theres so many. I would guess around 30 :blink: Thank goodness I'm getting a bigger pond this summer :D

I'm just amazed that this little guy survived and got as big as he did. Hes larger than most of my other fry that have had the best care I've been able to give them. It baffles me :krazy: