Azactam/aztreonam

Guest Clear Water

Guest Clear Water

Has anyone ever injected a gf w/Azactan? If so how did you get it? I have used Baytril once and it worked. So I feel comfortable giving injections. And if you used any other injectables, how did you get them?

I've only injected baytril which I pick up from my vet. Azactam is an excellent antibiotic I believe and if you have a good vet, you should be able to get him/her to write a script (it may not be readily kept on premises like baytril).

Why do you need to inject?

Guest Clear Water

Thanks for the reply Jen. The 4 inch ranchu is no longer with us. He died yesterday sometime before I got home from work. The reason I wanted to inject was he was showing the first signs of looking like a pine cone (dropsey). I know by then its more than likey too late and in this case it was. The vets around here wil not write a scipt unless you come in with the fish. I just think that is nuts because I'd say half of them know less then the average user of this awsome forum...

Aloha Danny

My Rocky had several rounds of Azactam, done at the university vet college. My vet will prescribe it for any of my fish, but it requires planning ahead, for it is not readily available and must be ordered.