1. 1. what is your favourite plant

• Anubias
    • Java moss
    • Onion plant
    • Amazon sword
    • Java fern
    • Anacharis
    • Other

Here is a link to some of the plants mentioned above.....

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/Plants.html

I voted for the Java moss, that is just one undestructable plant! And grows in almost any place. Mine even got attached to some river rocks, and started growing from there! :o

I said java fern.. I love how it looks when you get baby plants growing off of the leaves... in fact, mine was dying when I bought it (darn vvvv), and when the plants are sick they grow TONS of baby plants... so it looks really good after all.

• 2 weeks later...
My favorite plant (for goldfish) is hornwort... grows fast, looks nice, prevents algae, goldies don't eat it, and it is great for spawning!

My goldfish nibble on it (hornwort) all day long. The smaller ones dont get far, but the large one rips the needles off, chews a bit and they're gone! Luckily it grows faster than he can eat...

Guest watermama

Java fern lover here...especially in a goldie tank. Not only will they leave it alone, but the fern actually prefers the cooler water a goldie tank normally has....

I had a dwarf lily hybrid...don't know the name, but it was a really nice plant that eventually flowered in one of my tanks. Not too long after that the plant died which was sad.....not sure what I did wrong with it, but someone suggested that it should have had a resting period???

I find that the dwarf lilies go into a resting period in my tanks. I think it is because the temperatures drop here in the winter, so they have a seasonal rest. In summer, my tank can have temps in the 80's, however, in winter the temperature is in the low 70's. At the moment, my lily is about 1/4 the size it is in the summer.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Fire & Ice

I love Java Moss but I really had a time finding it. When I finally found it at a "Mom & Pop pet store" they said that no matter how hard they tried, the couldn't get rid of it.........They gave it to me for FREE!! :D There is another plant that I like but I am not sure what it is called. I think it is like.....horns wart ...or something like that.

Archived