Peaceful Fish

Nykole

Im looking for a peaceful left-over eater. My 5 frogs are in their own aquarium thats been cycled and has a filter and all that. They often miss food and it gets caught in the gravel. Im looking for a fish that will eat their leftovers. Ive heard about Corys but I dont know much about them. Any tips/ideas?

Thanks,

Guest Luke Anderson

What kind of frogs? African dwarf frogs? african clawed frogs?

What size of tank do you have them in?

If its adf's you have and providing you have sufficient space, otocinclus' are good little cleaners. They mostly eat algae and diatoms, but also will usually snack on leftover meaty foods.

Corys are not a very good choice since they are bottom dwellers, and the frogs like to have some space to themselves. Also the corys will steal the frogs food.

In general though keeping both adf's and acf's in their own tanks without ANY tankmates is best as there is always a high risk of something going wrong when you mix them with fish. One thing thats not very rare is the frogs tryingt o eat the fish, or the fish eating all the frogs food.

Here is an excellent ariticle on aquatic frogs:http://www.aquamaniacs.net/aquaticfrogs.html :D

Yes they're African Dwarfs. They vary in size from a tiny froglet to a 3 or so inches. They are in a 15 gallon. Its longer than the average 15 gallon and shorter in height. Right now a Chinese Algea Eater is in with them. He/she is tiny and doesnt bother the frogs. What are the Otocinclus common name?

Thanks,

Guest Luke Anderson

ok adf's are great littile guys :D

otocinclus' common name is "otos" or "ottos", you could keep a couple in that tank :)

oh and just to point out that the cae will grow (fairly quickly), and will soon be too agressive for the relativly delicate frogs, not to mention getting to large for that tank ;)

Thank you :)

Ive had the CAE for about 7 months and he/she is only about 3-4 inches long. I had it in the GF aquarium but when its companion died it became nervous around the Moors. I have no idea why but it would stay at the surface and move its gills really fast. After the transfer it has been fine. At the pet store they told me it was a peaceful fish that grew about 6 inches. I guess I didnt research them <_< .

:lol

Archived