Not Sure What This Is

Miaowen

Yesterday my shabunkin had a long clear shiny type of thing, about 2 and 1/2 to 3" long, trailing from him, I've never seen this before. I've searched the site as I am sure that I saw something once about how to recognise if fish were constipated or had type of infection from kind of poop they did but cannot find it

The tank is 15 uk gallon fully cycled

amonia 0

nitrite 0

nitrate between 12.5 and 25mg

PH 7.2

seems perfectly ok in all other areas

Could it be food I am feeding him, he usually has King British flake, frozen bloodworms and daphnia, and peas. I ran out of the frozen daphnia and bought some dried (but soaked it before giving him). I did'nt feed him at all yesterday and have given him some peas today. Am keeping a close eye on him, but have'nt a clue what it could be, it looked really weird

Thanks Devs for that link. From those descriptions and because it was'nt completely straight in appearance it must be the one 'reabsorbing eggs' but what exactly does this mean, and is it anything to be worried about?

Just keep an eye on it for the next day or so. Reabsorbed eggs have a zigzag appearance but sometimes bacterial infection can cause white stringy poop and it's not necessarily dead straight. If you see the poop remains unsolid, then it's time to look at possible causes. If it's reabsorbed eggs, the poop should go back to normal soon :)