Some Inverts...

Reef Man

• 4 weeks later...
:) That Blue Star is a beauty! I was amazed at how many different colored Starfish there were.I always thought there was only one kind,until a few years back when I came across a Black & white one,and A Chocolate chip one. :lol:

chocolate chip
:lol:

So many beautiful colors in your reef world...Della asked what they eat, I'd like to know how they move? A shuffle on the bottom of the tank or do they swim up like jellyfish? :listen:

They have lots of little feet!!!! They glide across the substrate and on some stars they have little suction like cups on the feet to help them climb... Look at the star pictured above and notice on the tip of the arm you will see little feet on the underside...those feet go clear up the arm to the central disk...that is how they move....

Great explanation. Thanks!I can just picture him suctioning himself around :lol: so cute. (Baby starfish must be extremely cute indeed huh.. :)) )

Oh, that's amazing again, had absolutely no idea stars could have colours! I thought they all looked like tha last pic! :o

:heart Really, really preatty blue starfish! I learned something new today, that starfish are not just yellow. :rolleyes:

Growing up as a kid on the coast of Maine, I used to spend alot of time at the piers gazing over the sides watching the water. Thousands of starfish, and just in yellow. That blue color is stunning. :heart

Thanks for sharing, as always, beautiful pics!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...