Frozen Food Thawed!

jsrtist

I left in a hurry yesterday morning and left my whole bag of frozen fish food out on the floor? and just got back in town now. The heater has kept the house at about 70? and of course its completely thawed. The open food Im going to toss, but what about the sealed Hikari frozen food? If its completely sealed do you think it would still be safe? Im most concerned about the bloodworms as I use those the most, for all my fish. Please let me know! :unsure:

Hmmm..........maybe when you defrost some to feed you can give it a smell test? I notice bloodworms always have the same distinct sweet odor when i smell it and if something were different or wrong in the smell i think i'd know it. Have you tried asking some of the people you worked with to see what they say?

Well the guys at the store said they thought it would be okay? but then I thought, if its okay to be thawed then why do we bother freezing it at all!? So just to be safe Im buying new food. Its only a few dollars and its certainly well worth it for my fish's lives. :)

Archived