Snail Clutch!

There is ANOTHER clutch in the tank! :krazy: What the heck is going on here? :lol:

515266[/snapback]

Either The "Snail Gods" are thanking you for the good food and Pristene water! :tomuch::rofl3 OR................... You've been really,really naughty,and the 5 million snails that hatch wiil be your payback for everything! :lol:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is ANOTHER clutch in the tank! :krazy: What the heck is going on here? :lol:

515266[/snapback]

Either The "Snail Gods" are thanking you for the good food and Pristene water! :tomuch::rofl3 OR................... You've been really,really naughty,and the 5 million snails that hatch wiil be your payback for everything! :lol:

515458[/snapback]

LOL!

LORDY, What is Rick going to do with all those snail babies while your gone?!! hahaha..I'm open for fostering. lol

Either The "Snail Gods" are thanking you for the good food and Pristene water! :tomuch:   :rofl3   OR...................  You've been really,really naughty,and the 5 million snails that hatch wiil be your payback for everything! :lol:

515458[/snapback]

Too funny!

Hatching can take from 1 to three weeks. If you are unsure if the eggs are fertile or not break a bit off one. If there is only a smelly good inside then they were infertile. If you can see a tiny little snail then they are still developing.

• 4 weeks later...

Well the clutches never hatched in the container but on the bright side, the clutch left in the tank hatched yesterday!!! Lots of little ones all over the tank! How do I (or Rick rather till I get home Thursday night) care for them now? :krazy:

got any goldfish flakes? sprinkle plenty in the tank and they will float around for a while and then sink, providing food for the babies. Also, sinking goldfish crumbles work well, too. The little ones will eat just what the adults do, they are not picky. :D

How are the snail parents doing? All of them still creeping about?

Thanks, Michelle!! He added a snail biscuit and after it got soft they were eating it. I have at least 50 that I can see!!!

On a sad note, none of the adults are alive. Rick didnt feed them for over 2 weeks!! I left him a note and everything. My original 4 survived but none of the jades. :( They will love on thru their babies now. :heart

How sad. :(

Bad Rick!! It's the Koko stick for you!! :wa:D

Glad to know that the babies are doing good, tho. I just ordered a batch of snail biscuits for my babies. I had a clutch accidentally hatch and now I have about 70 babies. These look like they will be gold, jade, ivory, and blue instead of just jade. How exciting!

I agree, it is sad. I couldnt believe it when he told me. :( I feel better in knowing that they left me babies though. Some look blue and others beige and white. I put an algae wafer in there last night and theyre still eating that. :heart

Congrats on your babies!! :D

Erin-Just let me know when your ready to get rid of some babies...I'll be leaving town on the 28th but can have something set up for Jason to get them situated if need be. :)

I have the 10gal empty and just need to clean it out really good, I know I have a extra filter around for that tank too, So they should be fine. I think I might take some to mom's for the pond, Erika mentioned that the other night.....

Hmmm, Well that I guess I'm not sure about..I'll have to find out more about that. Good point!

Uhm, I think I get back home sometime after the 4th of July..Mom hasn't given me exact date's yet, She's a slacker this year :lol: I'll know by this weekend prolly...

OK! I can send them later too. Probably not when its too hot though so we'll have to watch that. Here is a pic of them munching on an algea wafer. Excuse all the poopy!! :lol:

babysnailies.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Such cuteness!! When you get ready to ship them out Erin let me know if you need some help/hints.

Della, I would be careful about putting them in an outside pond. Make sure they are not illegal in your area because they will breed like mad and you may get overrun. I like to keep them in tanks so that I can control the population.

Hey welcome back Michelle!! Havent seen you around for awhile. The babies are doing great! Getting bigger and bigger. I will definitely let you know when Ill be shipping so that you can help me out. :)

Thanks for the welcome. :D I took a little time off, I just lost interest for a week or so. I guess losing Max and Arthur hit me harder than I thought it did. I kept busy with work and everything, and found myself wanting to log in again yesterday. I am glad I feel back to my old self, I have missed everyone. I even played with my Nintendo DS yesterday, something I have not done in a month.

I will be more than happy to help you out. If you have any other questons just ask away. What are you currently feeding your little ones?

:( Im sorry about your loss of Max and Arthur. I can see why you wouldnt want to come on.

I am feeding the babies snail biscuits and algae wafers. Ill try to get a better pic for you of them. Theyre growing like weeds!

Glad you are using the snail biscuits. I didn't remember if I told you where to get them and all that good stuff or not. I guess I did. :) Mine are growing really well, too. I normally wait until they are about the size of a dime before I will ship, I think their shells are too fragile if they are any younger than that. I may have to start culling mine soon and sending little ones to be adopted. Either that or cram my mean ol tiger barbs into a tiny tank and give the snails their 30. Did you see my post in tropical disease where they ate Radar's tail off? OMG they made me mad. Radar is doing much better now, his tail is growing back beautifully.

Thanks Michelle :) , As far as I know they are not illegal in our parts....

Erin, If anything I can have something set up before I leave here and Jason can situate them into the tank, I don't know what your weather is like right now but ours is odd to say the least, It's hotter than snot one day then back to the mid 70's the next.

Just let me know what your comfie with, We can alway's wait until I get home too if you don't trust Jason....LOL!

lol! Yeah Ill probably wait until youre back just to be safe. Itll be a bit more anyways cos theyre still smallish. :)

Michelle, I may have to send some of mine away too, besides to Dells. I dont know what Im going to do with them all! Oh yeah and Im glad that Radar is doing so well! :D