Thick Slime Coat... Thought I Saw Anchor Worms

Ok, heres the situation. About a month or so ago, my fish got ick. Not postive how they got it, i hadnt added any new fish to the tank without quaraniting them first. Ok, so they got ick. I treated for 2 weeks with .3% salt, took all the live plants out. Treated for a week after all ick spots were gone. Everything went great. Only odd thing I remember is i noticed the ick spots on both my black fish (black moor and ranchu) throughout the treatment, ONLY the black fish showed signs of ick, and it definantly was ick. OK, so none of the other fish got ick spots. It seemed odd, but anyways....

SO, now these are my current findings. Salt is all out of the tank now, live plants are back. Everything is going smoothly... but my black fish seem odd. All the other fish seem fine. No blood streaks or spots or anything BUT my two black fish have spots on them from time to time. My ranchu has white dots going down his pectoral fins, in an even line going down the curve of them. There are about 5, all in an even line. THEN, b oth black fish seem to have a thicker slime coat. A few of their scales are missing, with shiny bronze where the scales are missing, and then from the time i got up, to the time now, i noticed a few little strands on the fish. I thought it might be anchor worms, but after a long inspection and with a magnafying glass, they didnt look like anchor worms. Almost like the fish had scratched up on something, and it was a piece of skin or scale or something coming loose, but it was definalty a small strange. The two spots i saw, both next to each other, are no longer there... but both black fish's slime coat seems kinda thick. All the other fish seem fine.

What could it be? Am I just worrying over nothing??

Test Results for the Following:

Ammonia Level? 0ppms

Nitrite Level? 0ppms

Nitrate level? 15ppms

Ph Level, (If possible,KH and GH and chloramines)?

Ph Level out of the Tap?

Tank size (How many Gals) and How long has it been running? 55 gallons, been running 2 years

What is the name and size of the filter/s? Penn Plax Cascade canister filter

How often do you change the water and how much? Change it once a week, about 35%

How many fish in the tank and their size? there are 5 fish in the tank, all pretty large.

What kind of water additives or conditioners? I add Aqua safe and florapride to the water

Any medications added to the tank? Nope

Add any new fish to the tank? Nope

What do you feed your fish? Omega one, along with fresh fruits and veggies

Archived