New 100 Gallon

Hi guys,

My new 100 gallon tank is up and running (photos after it's cycled!).

I am still way too short on filtration though, and need some suggestions on how to achieve my required 10X.

At the moment I have two filters running in it:

The Juwel Jumbo Filter that came with the tank. It's a canister filter that pumps out 1000lph (264gph).

A "Clear Seal" sponge filter. Pumps 185gph.

That still leaves me over 500gph short.

I can't fill the tank with filters!!

What do you guys use?

Any suggestions most welcome.

PS(I might be living on the street after all of this expense.....that's if my bf doesn't kill me first!) :D

On my 110 gallon i have 2 canister filters (one does 1200L/hr the other 1000L/hr) and 2 internal filters (both doing 1000L/hr). I could fit more if i wanted to, but thats enough for now :)

I cant put HOB filters on my tank as they dont fit, hence the internal filters.

I've heard that Juwels have massive areas for beneficial bacteria. I suggest you get 1 aquclear 110 (or 2) or get 1 aquaclear 110 and an emperor 400 or a penguin 350. Or, if you have the space and money you could get a tetratec 500 and one of the filters I just mentioned. It up to you.

Guest Clear Water

I ran a 100 gal with 2 Magnum 350's one was the pro w/bio wheeles, and the other pumped thru a 25watt UV by rainbow. But the absolute jewl was the wet/dry with a Rio 1300 (i think it was 1300) it was rated at about 700 gph evan though it was pumping up about 4 and a half feet of return. Never had any issues with water quality or bio loads after that.

Aloha :D