Guess What?

Devs

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cory is so tiny compared to the other's.He's missing a big chunk on the top part of his back fins so he is still able to swim around and eat. :) He aactually looks pretty darn good for sitting in somone else's mouth. :lol:

DSCF6697.jpg

Geez, on that second pic it looks like he's gonna suck up the little cory! :o

That pic wasn't as bad as it looks,but that's kind of what I think happened.If you saw them shoaling,they run right across Won Tons face-like I said,if he takes a breath.... :ignore

He's doing so well in that tank but I don't know of the chances are of that happening again.I can divide the tank,or just move him I guess. Funny thing is that he's actually very fond of the cory's.

• 1 month later...
:unsure: I got home this morning and much to my dismay,WonTon was laying on his back.He had another Cory stuck in his mouth! :yikes This time it didn't go as smoothly.I had to pull the Cory out with tweezer's.It was too much and I don't think that the cory is going to make it.I feel really bad.I should have removed him from the tank,the first time it happened,and instead I looked over the Cories,and removed the smallest ones from the tank.Apparently I missed one. :( I put Won in with two other Goldies for now,I just hope that his mouth wasn't too damaged this time. :cry1

Jen,he's been having floaty issues.I swear that fish is like a "terrible two child". Right before the catfish ordeal,I came home and found him stuck behind a plant. He's been having issues since then. He eats like a pig.Everytime you look,he has this big string of thick poop,so I was hoping it was overfeeding and not damaged organs from being stuck. He just manages to eat everyone's food somehow! :krazy: He can swim when he needs to,but he's laying on the bottom alot,and I'm real concerned about that. I did the peas and fasting-he did seem somewhat better,and that's when I found him with the 2nd cory.(Who knows now...maybe he's actually eaten a few) :yikes It was my work week and I just couldn't seem to find the moment to set up another aquarium.I have time to get two/three hours sleep,shower,and head back to work basically.I have this fear of new set-ups and going off anyway,not knowing if everything's going to be okay. :unsure: After the cory,i felt sooooo guilty that I placed him in with 2 other bigger goldies.I went to work not knowing how he was and it was killing me.That catfish was really stuck. :blink: Somehow that poor fish lived through it and is actually going to be okay.I thought Won's mouth would be all sliced up though.I left him foodless for a day,and then fed him a pea.He acted like he was starving. :lol: I'm noticing now that his mouth can't hurt too bad because he was eating the other fish's pro-gold! I have set up his own tank and will add him today.Starve him another day or so,and try some peas with a little bit of Epsom. I'm just really hoping that he didn't damage his SB when he got stuck... :unsure:

Geez Sharon - he reminds me of a puppy dog always looking for food, even that which isn't good for him.... or your poor cory <_<

I'm wondering if floaty issues are part and parcel of fry? My white one was belly up a couple of times and my first thought was oh no - SBD so all he gets now is this stinking concoction of gel food that I made (my cooking reeks at the best of times :D ) and he's been sort of ok since but I also noticed he'd eat not only his portion, but the others as well so I now have to partition him off at feeding time otherwise he flips back over after a pig out - feeding time is not fun :D

So maybe it's because he's a bit of a greedy boy and it will right itself soon - and I hope it's not damage from getting stuck.

How big is he now?

:rolleyes: He (which I bet he turns into a she cause he eats like his Mama) is like a Vac cleaner.I hate to keep him alone because he loves swimming with the other fish,but I can't starve everyone because he's a hog! :lol: This is my first Goldie Fry,so I don't know if floaty probs are norm.He gets a good mixed diet. I just wish I knew it wasn't SB probs from injury. :unsure:

I took this pic about three weeks ago,I think? :krazy:

DSCF6765.jpg

:unsure: Oddly enough,it does look a little raised.Seemed like it's taking the parents forever though. :lol: I always heard that slow wn growth was a good thing so I don't know.The parents had the same little bump. :lol:

Here's a pick of Mommy Marmalade.Not the best pic,but it kind of shows the size difference on her and her sibs-She's huge compared to them. :lol:DSCF5903.jpg

DSCF6441.jpg

Holy cow, is that the same Marmalade you got from OrandaMan? If that was his name, can't remember... :lol:

Ha! Love reading about all your babies! Glad Won Ton is fine after his "incident"! And the baby cories they are too cute! I love to watch cories! I have 3 albinos in my big tank! I enjoy watching them following each other around! I bet it is hilarious to watch a "HERD O' Babies" swimming all over the place!!

:lol: You need to put out a "Kittens 4 Sale" Sign!!!!

Edited by Jeana727

Honestly Sharon, Marmalade's one good lookin's gal :heart I understand now how Ton grew so big in such a short space of time, probably got his mum's genes :D Is Marmalade your biggest fish?

He definitely did get some good growing genes from Mom!! And the same vibrant color. Phew Im relieved you could get him his own tank now though Sharon :) how is he doing?

I think that Marmalade is probably my biggest.She has the length and the girth to go with it. :lol:

I've always started with small baby Pet Store fish,and none of them have grown like her.

I'm so proud of the fact that she came to me as a fry and has turned out at such a beauty. She just hates the camera though so I never get a real good pic of her cute chubby cheeks. :rolleyes:

It is mostly all about genes,but this has also happened because she's been isolated from everyone but her siblings and the Bronze Cories that were in the tank before she was,the fact that I've always maintained good water quality and space,and great food. :exactly

See what you can get with the proper things,and barely all in a year.

Imogen,Won Ton seems to be doing alot better.He's swimming alot more normal,and seems to begetting back to his old self-Thanks for asking. :D

I'm so glad Tons doing better :D I've also always grabbed little store fish and it's interesting that when you pay more, they seem to grow much better. The manager at my local explained it simply as "you get what you pay for". The expensive fish all seem to come from importers of genetically strong fish while the cheaper little fellas are more your local breeders that don't give the same care. Either way though, I love all my little runts equally but I do have some that are just growing all over the shop. That ranchu that my nephew got for me has already grown an extra inch so he's fast becoming one of my biggest fish and he eats the same amount as my others :o

I would love an oranda like Marmalade - she's just lovely. Hopefully my 2 orandas will grow like her, especially Wilbur - the one the neighbours were going to flush until I asked if I could keep him. He's growing real well now so this is a bonus :D