Guess What?

Devs

Hi Devs! Congrats on your oranda fry :D He's growing like a weed.

I recently had the same situation happen to me :) Right now I have a lone oranda fry growing up in his own 10 gallon tank. My little guy is about a week or so old. I can see his tail fins and the beginning of a dorsal.

I'm really excited to see what he's going to look like as he gets older. Bucky(tri-color) or Satchel(black) is the father and Baloo(blue) or Khan(calico) is the mommy :D

Again congrats on your growing baby.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Devs!  Congrats on your oranda fry :D   He's growing like a weed.

I recently had the same situation happen to me :)   Right now I have a lone oranda fry growing up in his own 10 gallon tank.  My little guy is about a week or so old.  I can see his tail fins and the beginning of a dorsal.

I'm really excited to see what he's going to look like as he gets older.  Bucky(tri-color) or Satchel(black) is the father and Baloo(blue) or Khan(calico) is the mommy :D

Again congrats on your growing baby.

519694[/snapback]

:heart Wow abby,I could just imagine Satchel and Baloo,and I'm green with envy. :lol: Actually,all of your fish are pretty special so even if it's not those two,I'm sure the little fry will be adorable.You'll have to post pics of him-for sure. Congrats!

I can't believe how bit Ton is getting - he's bigger than my black moor and my moor's twice his age. I think mine's just a runt.

You know, looking at Ton's stomach and then down at mine - if you scale it appropriately, there's not much difference :rofl

:lol: You are too funny!!! I was looking at your fry pic's and ton loks almost as big.I have to go back and see what day he was spotted,maybe I lost a week or two somewhere. :rolleyes: It's funny how they all start out as mostly the same color.How exciting for you to see if he really is a Moor! CAn you spot the eyes on him bugging out in a "telescope" way yet?

I know, you Won Ton really does look the same size as mine :D

As for the eyes on my guys - I suspect they'll all have telescope eyes eventually but I have watched my little guy and he really does have the same body shape as my frisky male moor - it's kind of long and slim plus the rate of growth between him and my other 3 (offspring of 2 large telescope fantails) is amazing. I'm looking forward to when their eyes start catching up with the rest of them :D

• 2 weeks later...
:lol: I think he's going to be a beast like his Mommy Marmalade. :rofl She's at least 9 inches and a fatty so he's got a bit of growing to do to catch up. :lol:

##### Devs!! what are you feeding that guy!! he's so huge and cute!! :heart

Edited for language :D

524552[/snapback]

just wondering.. what exactly did i say? im not going to repeat what i thought i said becauseits obviously offended someone... :unsure:

anyho, congrats again Devs, he's got very big :)

oh, and you must get pics of marmalage up :D

:lol: Thanks guys.Earlier this week,I moved Won Ton to a 20 gallon long.He has a group of Baby Albino Cories that he's sharing his space with. The first thing he did when he saw them,was try to eat them as up until that point,he had never seen another fish. :lol:

He has grown use to them now,and no longer does he chase them around the tank.

He's also losing his "Fry color'and turning more orange/red by the day.I will take new shots soon. :exactly (Marmalade too) ;)