Guess What?

Devs

:blink: Okay,in the last couple of weeks,I have had Baby Bristles hatch(Yes more!!! :blink: ) I've also had Cories,-Bronze/ Albino/Pygmy Cories hatch.

Last week the Bronze Cories were at it again and as I was scraping the eggs off the tank sides,I noticed the fake plants that I had floating in there were covered with eggs too!

They weren't Cory eggs though-they were from My Baby Oranda's who aren't babies anymore, Marmalade is over 9 inches now- Anyway,I was in shock and threw the plants in it's own tank.Long story short,the eggs just kind of shrunk until they almost looked like they dissolved,so I was really bummed out.Anyway,the other morning I come home from work,and Lo and Behold one---Count it ONE egg hatched!!!!! :lol: I have one baby Oranda fry!!!! :rofl It's only a couple days old so who knows if it will make it,but I've seen it eating newly hatched Brine shrimp and Fry food so that's a good sign! I don't know if my Camera's good enough to get pics of this little guy,but I'll try. :lol:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:blink: These are really terrible Pics,but my Batteries died so they'll have to do for now. You have to look good,I almost missed him myself. :lol:

DSCF5975.jpg

:blink: There was a ton of eggs all over those plants too.And actually when you think about it-who needs a ton of Red Oranda babies? :lol: I wanted to have Goldfish babies just to see if I could, I would have felt better if there were three or four,but hey its one! :rolleyes: Hopefully it survives and is healthy. :exactly

Gosh, Sharon is a goldfish mama!! :happydance Now, that must have been a surprise! I know you have fish babies of all kinds every now and then, but never goldfish, right? Guess there is a first time for everything! Maybe if they did it once, they'll do it again.... :thumb:

Gosh, Sharon is a goldfish mama!! :happydance Now, that must have been a surprise! I know you have fish babies of all kinds every now and then, but never goldfish, right? Guess there is a first time for everything! Maybe if they did it once, they'll do it again.... :thumb:

506107[/snapback]

I bought all my goldfish as pretty little babies-in fact,these are the oranda's that I got off of Oranda man-when I first joined and these babies were weeks old.They have grown! I knew it was only a matter of time.With all the other "fruitful activities" going on,I shouldn't really have been so shocked. :lol:

Ooohhh thats so exciting! Babies are so amazing, and watching them grow.....its just fantastic :D

WHAT...bristlenose babies??? Apparently I've been missing some threads <_< So...ummm......when're they coming to visit me......

(I guess some of your bristlenoses are finally big enough to travel now! :rofl )

Sigh ...I still haven been able to find any near me.

Anyway - congrats on the baby Oranda!! (I remember when those babies were shipped out to you! Woah - how much they've grown!!!)

:nana Jenn

:D Hi Jenn,Marmalade (who I think is the Mommy) :rolleyes: is about 9 inches or so.The other two are between 5 to 7 inches. (rough guess)

As for Bristles,I lost track of the batches after the first 3 batches,I have full blooded Albino/ full blooded Brown,and some with Brown Dad and Albino Moms. :lol:

Wey hey grandma Devs :D What a nice little surprise. I can't wait to see how he/she grows. Over the next few weeks, keep your eyes out because there's a very good chance more will follow :D

:rolleyes: A few Justin.... A few. :rofl3 Thank goodness some of them are being good.I just noticed that the Green Swordtail female is pregnant again.I have 2 fry from her.I think the Dwarf African Frogs kept a watch for them,and by the way,I saw the ADF's dancing together tonight. :yeah::thud

LOL Congrats on your lone survivor! I hope he makes it and turns out well.

When mine hatched I remember expecting to have maybe 10 or so after reading everyone's experiences on here, and I ended up with hundreds! :blink: Maybe its better to just have one as it will be much easier to deal with, not having to decide who to keep or give away? :)

My lone Survivor!! They say "One is the lonliest number" so I named him "Won"-"Won Ton" if his belly keeps growing. :rolleyes: As I said Jenny,it probably was a blessing.that those eggs all kind of dissinigrated,or I would have had alot of Oranda's to find homes for! :blink:

The little fry is barely a week old but seems to be holding it's own and eating well. How many times a day should I be feeding the little guy ? I don't want to overfeed,but I want to make sure that it's often enough too.I looked at him today & I can't believe how tiny Goldfish babies are. I did see a nice big belly though. I'll try and take better pics. :rolleyes:

Oh, feed him about 3-5 times, depending on how time you got. But remember - only tiny meals. The little guy doesn't need all that much to make him happy, but watch him a little after feeding, its too funny how their bellies get suddenly bigger and bigger.... :lol:

:) I've been feeding 3-4 times,so hopefully that's doing it.I'm so afraid of overdoing it.I don't know why-I deal with babies all the time and never give it a second thought.I guess maybe because I know that there's only one fry??? Who knows?? :lol:

Archived