Freshwater Jellyfish

Man Yu

Yeah, yeah, I know. Its not a snail or crustacean but i dont know where else to put this thread. (maybe they should just title this forum "invertebrates?" Anyway, I was browsing Oliver Knott's gallery at pbase.com and he has beautiful pics of a freshwater jellyfish in one of his planted tanks, caught in a German waterlogged quarry according to the description. The pbase windows dont display individual URLs (just says "pbase.com" everytime you click a link) but it did display a separate link with info on the jellyfish. They look so cute in Oliver Knott's photos! :D

http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site...a_sowerbyi.html

:) Placing this Post in here was fine. I guess if we wanted to get technical,we could just call it Invertebrates,but ahh,this works fine. :lol:

As for the Jelly fish,I would have loved to have seen his planted tank with them in there.I'm sure it was lovely. I personally wouldn't have any interest in keeping them myself,but it never hurts to look and admire.

Just type "Oliver Knott" on a search engine and look for his gallery on the plantella/pbase site. Choose "thumbnails" view and look for the pic with "Other Stuff" on it.

Edited by Man Yu

:heart It definately is gorgeous,that's for sure.I'd love to see a school of Tetra's racing through it and a shoal of Cories.Those tanks never seem to have fish in them though. :lol: I guess that's why they look so perfect. :lol:

Look closer at that pic Sharon, there's NEON tetras in there!  That's a coooooool tank.

506238[/snapback]

:blink: It sucks getting old! :rofl I never saw them the first time-I am going blind afterall! :lol:

Look closer at that pic Sharon, there's NEON tetras in there!  That's a coooooool tank.

506238[/snapback]

:blink: It sucks getting old! :rofl I never saw them the first time-I am going blind afterall! :lol:

506321[/snapback]

Those aren't neon tetras. they are Red-lined torpedo barbs Puntius denisonii. They're the newest craze among planted tank aficionados since they're one of the most beautiful barbs known

last time I was at my local mmm they had  jellyfish for sale. Might want to check them out

506326[/snapback]

Those are probably saltwater jellyfish. The ones I wanted are tiny freshwater jellies.

506238[/snapback]

506321[/snapback]

Those aren't neon tetras. they are Red-lined torpedo barbs Puntius denisonii. They're the newest craze among planted tank aficionados since they're one of the most beautiful barbs known

506477[/snapback]

Yea Erika,if you go in and check all the pics,they have a couple pics of Oliver's tank with some closeups of the fish.Very beautiful fish by the way. :)

that particular tank has updated pics in his pbase gallery. all of his tanks there are incredible. you guys should really check them all out...

Hmm... we kind of departed from the thread topic haven't we? :blink:

That plant is Hemianthus challictroides. Very difficult plant to establish. Only commercially available in Europe or online. Check it out at tropica.com...

Oliver Knott's gallery featured a beautiful tank in the pbase website where he only used this plant and a rosette arrangement of beautiful rocks. It looked like a scene straight out of Lord of the Rings :o

sorry, the site has safeguarded its pics against downloading of any sort. Nor can I put the URL since all windows in it state "www.pbase.com" no matter which link you click in there (and pbase is actually a pretty big site to maneuver in)

Just go0gle "Oliver Knott" and look for his gallery on plantella/pbase. Choose "thumbnails" view and you can check out all his tanks and arrangements. You can find the tank I speak of in there (Large Tanks category) as well as the tank which won Aquabotanic's aquascaping contest 2004