Today Is Officially Goldfish Day

Guest throttlethumb

Guest throttlethumb

I have a day off today. I have nothing scheduled for my business and my son has something to do with his mother so I actually have a free day to myself. Believe me folks, they dont come often since I work day and night about 90 hours a week. I decided to go pet shop hunting and see what I can find. I have many fish specific shops around the state and will go check out many of them. Today I declare is Officially Goldfish Day :krazy:

:) Go for it! That sounds like so much fun.

Be safe with your travels and we will be waiting to hear what you find and pics of any :newfish you may get!

Happy for you that you got a bit of time.

I'm with you for a Goldfish day- that's a wonderful idea!!Have fun!

:lol:

Happy Goldfish Day! Whoo! I think it should be a national holiday. Along with a day for all the other pets! A paid holiday to stay home from work and take care of your animal babies! *dreams*

Awesome Throttle! I guess I had a Goldfish Day a few weeks ago too. I went and checked out a ton of fish stores in the Houston area, I'm still not done actually. Have fun and happy fish shopping! :D

Lucky Duck, I want an official Goldfish Day to :lol: I think I'll have to wait till later this spring and call the day I start digging the new pond my Goldfish Day :lol:

Guest throttlethumb

Well, I came home empty handed. I almost bought a 90 gallon pine perfecto set up but the management wouldnt budge on the price or the hood and lighting. I wanted to add a better lighting fixture and trade in the plastic canopy for a glass canopy. They said no. Then I asked if they would give a discount on the filters, air pump and heater and accessories if I buy everything now... Very sternly he said NO! Oh well, he probably lost a good $600.00 sale for a lousy 10% discount. Im sure the guy at my regular shop will love to work out a deal with me. Thats the first and last time I go into that shop. Not only did he have no goldfish, His tropicals looked like they were in some rough shape. I didnt see any fish worth mentioning except some gorgous blue rams that I am seriously considering making a community tank for. I am off now to read up on them. Sorry that my adventure wasnt more adventueous. All in all a bad day of fish shopping is better than a good day at work. :D

Guest throttlethumb

I would like to give him the benifit of the doubt. Maybe a bad day... who knows. Im sure that 90 will be sitting there for a looooong time

Archived