50 members have voted

1. 1. What do you have too much of?

• Tanks
    • Fish
    • Decorations
    • Food
    • Equipment
    • Bit & Bobs

I have accumulated a staggering amount of stuff since getting into this! :blink:

I remember when I was new reading about how much stuff people have for their fish - and no I am one of them - and I always need more! :lol:

For me it is a triple tie between equipment, bits-n-bobs- and food!

So, what kind of stuff do you have too much of?! :)

PS - I forgot to list meds so maybe it can be included under Equipment.

Bits and Bobs are all those parts and pieces that you have no idea what they are or where they came form but you don't want to get rid of it - just in case! :rolleyes:

I don't think I can vote...I have WAY too much of everything. Too many unused tanks, filter, air pumps, food, meds, decorations...everything except too many fish. I hardly have any of those :P

I have too much decorations. I'm crazy about those glass pebbles and I've bought a ton of them in various colors. Right now I have black, white, blue (clear and frosted), green, and clear ones with streaks of yellow, blue, red, and green in them. I have no clue what I'm gonna do with them, but I think they're so pretty!

Also I have too much food. With only two small fish, I'm afraid it's gonna turn bad before I can use it all.

I recently moved, so now I only have one tank, 75 gallons. Right now, I have way too many decorations for this tank mainly because I keep changing my mind on how I want it to look :lol:

Guest Harpazo

Right now I have too many tanks. I have a 29 gallon and a 10 gallon that are empty. I want to use the 10 gallon as a sick tank if I need it. The 29 gallon is tempting to add fish to but I have a 120g, a 55g, and a 22g that are running right now. Should I get the 29 gallon going too? :yeah:

I have definetely too much equipment sitting around. Unused filters, airpumps in all sizes, airstones, heaters, airline tubings and splitters, some decor, currently not used lights, and so for. I started sorting them by item category, and put them into plastic bags. Much more organized that way, but still.... :rolleyes:

Guest ForeverTheBard

I have wayyyyy too many decorations... including fake plants. Far too many of those.

Andrea - can you email me or IM me sometime? I wanna talk Florida fish stores. (AIM - ForeverTheBard, email - fiddllady@yahoo.com) Thanks!

FTB

• Supporter

I guess I've got to say fish since I am SO overstocked. But I have the opposite problem of not having enough stuff for the fish I have. Cross your fingers for me to get a used tank soon!

Fingers and Fins crossed for you Jen!

I have too many fish too :rolleyes: most of the overstocking is due to me being an idiot and getting the tank size wrong.. i've just realised my 'ten gallon' is infact no more than a 5 gallon :blink: when i bought the 6.5 gallon for the bettas and it was bigger than the ten.. thats when i got suspicious <_<

..i need more tanks! ..or bigger ones!

Oh gosh... this is sooo tough.

I have way too much decorations for starters. I have boxes of them. I'll buy some, use them for a month, and then see something new I like... Im sooo bad about that! And I cant give them up, because what if i want to use them again.... :lol:

I also have like LOADS of meds. I had to make a special chest that goes under my fish tank that is just FULL of them. I never use them... thank goodness, but i have them JUST IN CASE! LOL, I even had a supply of medicated foods, just in case!

I also keep about three boxes of salt on hand... which ryan says is WAY too much. And I also have about 10 bottles of aquaclear and flourapride JUST IN CASE. I dont know what I was thinking when I got all them, but its like I was thinking "what if all the petstores close??" LMAO...

And I also have like 5 things of food... most i dont use... but they just sit there.

luckily im no longer overstocked, so i cant say too many fish, but its very tempting....

Oh yah I've got a whole SHELF for fish meds! I've got 2 tubs of extra decorations and equipment and a box of foods. I have goldfish pellets but no goldfish, algae wafers but I've never even had an algae eater (getting one soon though!), a huge thing of freeze dried plankton, a HUGE thing of daphnia, betta pellets (in use!), bloodworms, 2 things of tropical flakes...I think thats it. I also have 3 filters too many. Just in case!!

The sad thing is that I only have 1 betta and 4 black neons, which is more than I usually have...I used to only have 2 neons lol.

I got tired of them dieing from petstore parasites. 7 tries was more than enough for me <_< Plus I can't take more than 10 or 20 gallons with me to college soon.

I've got too much food....I've got a can of flakes, a can of pellets, a bag of hikari, bloodworms, tubifex worms, betta food, and a bag of algea wafers. I never feed the flakes, pellets or tubifex....I should just throw them away yet I can't bring myself to do it :lol:

:) , hmmmmmm! I think at this moment I would have to say tanks. Only because I have a wonderful cycled 20 gal tank that has no fish in it. I have been looking for two small baby goldfish for 4 weeks and all the lfs fish and tanks look badddddd! :(

As far as decor, I'm one of those people that change the look of the tanks often. I do not put much in the tanks as I like alot of water volume so I do not have too much there.

Food, everything I have, I use! Progold, frozen bloodworms, spiralina(sp?),

Hikari Lionhead and of course med foods.

I do have a couple filters sitting in the closet but those are for emergencies.

And I do have a couple pumps that are not being used.

And some ceramic decors that I do not use as I thought they took too much room and water space. Bags of unused gravel as I have pretty much changed to bare bottom.

Lots of water treatment stuff until I decied to just use Prime.

OMG!!! I have too much of everything, except fish! :rolleyes:

i have too much of most things, especially food! it was on offer, so i ended up with like 5 pots of the stuff!! nevermind, itl get used, saves me money not having to buy it!

i have old filters and air pumps, gravel, decorations now that the tank is natural, meds, o and 2 too many fish at the moment waiting for it to get a bit warmer so they can go in our pond!

I voted too many fish because of my massive apple snail population that I am trying to adopt out. I wonder if there is a spay/neuter program for snailies... :blink::D

Guest Esareh

Well i guess it's a bit of everything except fish. My current inventory it... (this stuff is not in use)

Two ten gallon tanks

A twenty gallon tank (friend is buying this from me)

A twenty nine gallon tank

A twenty gallon tank hood and light

A twenty nine gallon tank hood and light

A ten gallon tank hood and light

Two ten gallon tank filters

One 30 gallon tank filter

One 50 gallon tank filter

About 10 yards of assorted air line tubing

about 5 pounds of various air pump accesories (stones, checkvaluves,gang vaulves etc)

About 20 pounds of assorted gravel

About 15 assorted plants

4 thermomitors

and about 30 pounds of various decorations.

I can't get rid of this stuff! What if I need it? :rofl

I voted too many fish because of my massive apple snail population that I am trying to adopt out.  I wonder if there is a spay/neuter program for snailies...  :blink:   :D

504464[/snapback]

:rofl

All of the above. To many fish, to many betta tanks, to many bit n bobs, to much stuff!!! but Im addicted,w hat can I say?

Archived