How Many

Guest 020292

Guest 20292

~ Hey ~ I was wondering how many apple snails i can have in a 30 gallon tank? Here is what is going in there:

3 goldfish

1 cory until i find a home for him

MAYBE A BRISTLENOSE PLECO MAYBE MAYBE

if i ha ve to keep the cories then how many apple snails could i get for my 30 gallon tank?

Thanks!

<_<

Is it a 29 gallon or a 30 gallon? At first you said 29 but have been saying 30 since. If its a 29 it only holds around 27 gallons and if its a 30 then it holds around 31.

Since goldies need 10 gallons each minimum then either way I wouldn't put 3 in it if Im going to add other fish or snails to it since they will add to the amount of space needed. But if you really want 3 then I wouldn't add any other animals to the tank.

Guest 20292

alright! When i went to the awarium calculator it said it held 30. something gallons so i guess no snails. thats fine becuase i might have a bristlenose pleco but if not then i think the goldfish will do a good job about cleaning the rocks of uneaten food right?

Guest 20292

i had the brown pest snails and i ran tap water over the gravel they were in and it killed them becuase they kept breeding and i did not have the room and did not want them! i am sorry becuase i had no other way to do it!

:) That is exactly why you should listen to advice that the "Experienced Member" can give you. ;) We have talked on numerous occasions on how Ramshorns are considered as unwanted Pest Snails because of how fast they take over your tank. DO you think we just "type" to hear ourselves? :lol: You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble if you would have just listened to advice from the beginning.

Honestly, 3 goldfish is pushing it if you're wanting to then have cory cats and a pleco. Maybe you should do 2 goldfish and a pleco. Plecos, believe it or not, are big poopers like goldfish.

i think the goldfish will do a good job about cleaning the rocks of uneaten food right?

No, not true. The only thing that will clean the rocks and get rid of the uneaten food as a good old fashioned gravel vacuuming with your weekly water changes.

If they are common goldfish I would only get one. They need about 20 gallons a piece. If you are going to go with two goldies in that tank I would get a common and a fancy. My Oranda and common get along wonderfully.

Devs, I'm all the time posting to hear myself talk. That, and I like to see the picture in my signature. :)

I did have some smart-... comment, but I think I'll begrudgingly keep those comments to myself and instead put up this gratuitous picture of an ol' friend of mine, which will make me smile.

I was tryin to take a picture of my snails, but this big-head swam right into the shot... :D

bighead.jpg

LOL Thats a great pic.

As for posting and just having your advice be ignored, well, thats why I just stay out of these discussion. Why waste your breath?

:) I'm very proud of you Justin for keeping those comments to yourself,although it is very hard at times to do this.We can only offer the advice,and hope that one day soon,and not too many fishy deaths later,something sinks in. :blink:

That's all we can strive for,you know? :)

Archived