Popeye?

toothless

ok. iknow this forum is for gf but maybe you can help anyway.

my roommate just came home with a sick beta. one of his eyes is bulging out of its socket. and i not sure if it matters but the fins right under its pectoral fins are growing curly. my water parameters are:

ph-6.4(is this bad for betas?)

buff capacity-0

hardness-0

nitrites-0

nitrates-0

ammonia-0

she explained that once every two weeks she performs a 60% water change every 2 weeks.she uses distilled water. from what she says i think he is over fed(about 20 pellets of beta food per day.except sat-sun).

there are several types of waterplants with roots hanging in the water. oh yeah, hes in a vase with marbles in the bottom.

i have some maracyn-plus in my stockpile. can i treat it just like i would a gf? if not, what can i do? :(

I know that some of the members of this forum have both bettas and goldfish, so hopefully someone can help you with treatment for this fish.

There is also a Betta section on the forum. Did you post your question there, as well. It might be an idea.

Good luck.

cool! i had no idea that kokos had a betta forum. any way,i found it. does anybody have the parameters that i should shoot for as far as water quality goes? how about feeding?and feeding while medicating for popeye? hopefully i can help this little guy out and educate his owner @ the same time! wish me luck. :unsure:

Archived