Cleaning

i hate it hate it hate it

hate it <_<

get the idea?

i have two tanks one with one fish in wich is bare bottom and a bigger one with two fish with gravel

the bigger tank with to fish is cleaner and we treat it and do water changes every week but the other smalled tank seems to need a full clean out every 4 days would gravel make this cleaner or would a better fliter help?

Barebottom will show the gunk a LOT faster. The gravel will help hide it until it can be removed with a vac/water change. Plus, the gravel, to me, looks better than bare. :D

Guest 20292

I think both of your suggestions would help becuase i have 2 tanks as well and they both have gravel and good filters and i only have to do water changes 1 a week! It is so much easier with a gravel vac as well!

Guest Dipsy

Is the tank with the algae problem new? I hot a bad spurt of algae growth with my new 130l tank but it died down within 6 weeks and now just needs an easy clean every week.

Coincidentally I also have the intake for my cannister filter at the bottom of the tank so maybe that helps???

kissy you will know we split them up and we had nowhere to put bubbles. so the fliter is the old one, clean fliter pad though, its not as good as the other one in the bigger tank. I might go out in a bit for some gravel. I need to clean both tanks out today <_< not looking foward to that

and dipsy the tank is the old one

Went to the petshop down the road for gravel

came back with a no fishing sign a small plant the gravel and nearly a new fish but i resisted temptation

cleaned out bubbles tank <_<

full clean and now the gravel is in the sign n the plant also.

i hated that <_< though im happy my dad has to clean out the bigger tank because me n my mum are going out :)

My 30 gallon has gravel & my big tank is bare bottomed. Well, I don't like it completely bare so I have added some "river rocks" they are different natural colored smooth stones. They are just scattered around. Goldies need SOMETHING to poke around in! LOL! :D

Archived