Food Question

ali

Is there anything else i can feed my orandas besides pellet, flake food and lettuce?

and is there any kind of food that is not good for goldfish that i should not feed them? does any one care to answer this question?

Guest Luke Anderson

There are tons of different things that can be fed, most fruits and vegetable, all sorts of things like bloodworms, krill and on and on, i suggest going down to the food section of this board and reading some posts. Then you will be set :)

There a lot of things that should not be fed, so if you are unsure ask first. Don't feed anything that has more than trace amounts of added sugar salt or spices, and don't feed mammilian meats (like chicken or beef), since goldfish cannot digest the type of fat they contain.

Hiya Ali.......I feed my guys and gal frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp, peas, oranges, zucchini and spirulina flakes. You can also give them broccoli ,cucumber and other fruits. You shouldn't give them corn. Lightly cook the peas shell them and if your fish is small you may need to cut the pea up. Oranges should only be in the tank for maybe an hour or it'll make the tank messy. So far the only thing my fish haven't liked was cooked carrot

I have feed mine cut up earth worms. And mill worms. Thinking when they get bigger I might try a crichet or two but not sure how to make them sink. I get these from a farm that raises insects just for feeding to pets. (I buy them for my bearded dragons) I would not go in the yard and dig them up they might have bugs in them. :lol Well ok not bugs but paracites and stuff that you dont want your gf to get.

I also feed english pees. Frozon baby shrimp, bloodworms, and Progold.

ok i didnt swear really just said a word isnt swear word but yes i no it is family website sorries all you young ones never say bad words!!!!! BE NICE TO ONE ANOTHER :hi

Haha tom, I think I know what word you said... the "cr" word? I used it the other day in a post without thinking, and for some reason I previewed the post first (I never do that!) and saw the #'s show up and changed it! lol!

Archived