Small Saltwater Tanks

Ok, im just alittle curious about this.

One of the small LFS has tiny little salt water tanks (smallest is a 1 gallon!!!). I dont think there are really any fish in there, mainly coral, but they look awsome. What im curious about, is how is this possible? What kind of filters and other stuff do they have hooked up to these? How do you get lights small enough?

I was just a tad curious because I was interested (just interested) in possibly turning my 5 gallon eclipse into a small salt water (im more interested in the coral then fish if possible) but had no idea how this was done. Just something im interested in, nothing im definanlty going to do. As you can probably tell, i dont know a darn thing about salt waters, but was just curious.

Thanks a bunch!

http://www.nano-reef.com/

this well be a good site to check about little tanks,although little tanks are neat they can be real tricky tp maintain more so than even a 29gallon small tank could end up with big problems.most small tanks have some way to circulate water but its the Live rock and corals that help filter the water and a must regular water changes good luck keep us posted

you have to get a better light for corals

Thanks for the site!

Ryan keeps buggin me that we should start a salt water (but a big one, not a tiny one) and we even have the lighting system for one (i use it for my plants) but Im soooo afraid I would kill everything... plus that means I would have to get rid of my goldfish. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Oh, but we we're talking last night that when we move into our house, we're gonna hire ryans dad (he does construction) to build us a salt water in the wall! That will be fun! Thats still a long ways away, but im still nervous. LOL.

I think i'll stay away from the small salt waters and just wait entil I get a bigger tank to do it with. But boy are they pretty!!!

I would love to have a saltwater tank too...but I know nothing about them and it seems so expensive. I was interested about what answers you would get, since I have an empty 10 gallon sitting here.

Hmmm, maybe one day *don't mind me, just dreaming here*

Jess, the one in the wall will be beautiful. You should definetly go for it.

• 2 months later...

Archived