Figure Eight Puffers

Last weekend when Lee and I were at a Wallyworld Store I saw something that caught my eye-a tank with little puffers in it!! They were called figure eight puffers and they were so sweet looking! Anyone (I know there is someone out there) know anything about them and their requirements? I have never seen these little guys before, especially not at a Wallyworld. Thanks!

these have great personanlitys but are not very friendly and will need to go brackish, myself i prefer green spotted puffers although these take up more room .

Guest 20292

would i be able to have this with my molly and guppy in the 14 gallon becuase this is cooL! These fish look awesome and i would love to have some!

puffers are not easy to keep and when there unhappy they will let you know about it,

as for mollys . . . the black hybrid can live in the same water and i know people keep them with brackish puffers but it can lead to tears and in a small tank (under 150litres) it defenality would .

Guest moTIGS

If you're looking for a puffer you can have mine. It's a green (or green spotted) puffer I bought about a week ago. At first I thought I wanted to keep him, but now every time I feed him he tries to kill me. The first few times I thought it was cool. Now it's just annoying. He lunges like half an inch out of the water at my fingers as I drop food in for him, then follows me as best he can until he realizes I'm not coming back. Only then does he go for his food. Also, I don't have enough room to keep him long-term. I could get a bigger tank, but considering I don't really like him too much right now, I don't think I want to.

Thanks everyone for the info and opinions. I just wanted a little background of them, I didn't really want to buy one right now. I have seen puffers mentioned on the boards several times and had never seen a real one and all of a sudden *poof* here is a tankful! LOL! They had the sweetest faces, but IMO so do Orandas. :D

Archived