Chewy's Legacy

Hi guys! I just wanted to let everyone know that I still have about 7 or so of Chewy's kids in my 75 gallon.

Guess how many egg clutches I have right now?

4!!!!!!!! (and one fell into the water or I would have 5!)

I don't even know who the female/males are. I had those 7 or so left because they had shell damage and 1 clutch at a time, here I am with 4! And can I flush them, noooo.

Chewy's grandkids will be up for adoption is a few months. :yikes

Somebody shoot me :rolleyes:

Erika, I'm sending you all 400 babies that I'll have shortly. Just kidding, babe.

Edited by eather.hey

Congrats!  You can have some of my snails ifya want! I have a total of 41 and they are laying eggs like crazy!  :D

495192[/snapback]

:rofl I think that that's an offer that Heather will certainly pass on Lady_Dodecagon!! :lol:

Heather hasn't been on the forum much lately because of working and such,but is rather well known for the Gazillion snails that she had around this time last year.Her sole purpose in life was to eventually get rid of them all! :lol: Chewy is famous all over the country for not only her size as a Cana,but for all the babies that are spread around the country & even out of the country. :rofl

:rofl That sounds like me! My sole purpose right now is to find homes for some of these little guys. I can put about 5 of them in the little pond I have running spring thru fall, and I might put the smallest in Horatio's tank but I am at a loss on what to do with the rest. Chewy sounds like a sweetheart! How big is she?

Chewy's well over 2 years now.She has been through some major tank problems so her shell has really gone through alot,but she still has alot of spunk for an old girl.She's back with me right now(I was her original owner) :lol: Ihad a heater break in my biggest snail tank,and unfortunately just lost a ton of my snails,and was really worried that I was losing Chewy along with them.It's been around a week and a half though and it looks like she'll be okay now.(Thank the stars) Here is an old Pic-She has actually grown a little bit more,and her shell is doing much better too :D

DSCF4334.jpg

Heather that snails babies are truly going to be around the country.

Goodness everytime I see that beast I have to go "what the heck", she is massive.

Here's a list of cities I've sent Chewy babies to. I know there are some I've missed! Add to it if I've missed your city.

And these clutches aren't Chewy's babies...they're Chewy's GRANDbabies :yikes

Rogers, AR

Phoenix, AR

Lemoyne, PA

Monmouth, OR

Hammond, IN

Lynnwood, WA

Harvey, IL

Opelika, AL

Mobile, AL

Moline, IL

Jacksonville, FL

Virginia Beach, VA

Pittsburgh, PA

Tomahawk, WI

Edited by eather.hey

I have jade brigs. I had a blue and a gold to mate and one day BOOM! Babies everywhere crawling out of the gravel. 'Ol Blue and Gary are gone now, but I still have their little ones with me. I had two hundred at one point, now I have the final 41. There are two little bitty ones I wouldn't take ANYTHING for! They are the sweetest little things!

Good grief! What a GIANT!! I would love to get one or two like that. Do they all get big like that or is Chewy special? Do they have special needs? Can they go in a goldie tank?

Cana females seem to get the largest, but I've never seen one quite as big as Koko's unofficial mascot, Chewbaca. I have some pretty large canas, but they aren't nearly as big as Chewy. My mom must be feeding her too well! All of my canas are in with my goldies. My goldies range from 2 inches to about 9 inches. Chewy used to be in an tropical tank too, long ago. I got her as a "hand me down" when Chewy destroyed the plants in that tank. Chewy is also the snail in my avatar. She's extremely friendly and used to come to hand feed at the top of the tank! All of her babies have been friendly little pigs.

As far as special needs, they would need good water quality, a stable pH, lots of fruits and veggies and possibly some calcium supplements. You wouldn't be able to use meds or higher doses of salt in your tank if you put snails in there though, that's all I can think of.

I'll pull my canas out and get you some pictures. You can pick whoever you want and I'll mail them to you! :D

If you send me 400 Chewy offspring, I will drive to PA and KILL YOU!!! :rofl

I still have George..... he's not very happy with me right now though, cuz I'm treating the 75 that he normally lives in with meds, so he's upstairs with the African Clawed frogs. He hates those frogs.

:) Hey Erika,how are your frogs,are they full grown yet? You'll have to post pics real soon-especially since I only remember you having one. :rolleyes::lol: I lost mine last year when the kittens knocked his tank lid off and he got out. :( I miss Bubba.

Hehe, ya mean "Bubbette"? I have 2, yes, I got a roomate for Smurfette early this winter. Smurfette is HUGE and fat and almost grotesque looking! The new one (I never named her) is half the size of the big girl!

I wanted a male, to see if I could breed them, but all I ever see are females in pet shops.... I wonder if that's intentional? Anyway, yeah, I'll get some pics of the hogs maybe tonight, I have to clean their tank, it's sooooo full of algae it's ridiculous.

Chewy's grandkids have been hatching for the last 3 days. 2 of the 4 clutches have started to hatch. They're so cute when they're little! I'm not doing anything special with them, just hatching them in the 75 gal with all the pigface goldies, so I'm not sure if any of them will actually make it. I was thinking of taking a few out and putting them with Wally Betta, but he'll probably torment them more. If anyone wants me to "set a hatchling aside" for them, let me know!

:krazy: Here we go again!!! :rofl

Actually,Ms. Chewy had the nerve to meet up with her son and a Caramel colored Cana,who I'm not sure of what the sex is ,and the darn old girl was trying to lay eggs on the top of my lid! I about almost had a stroke! :yikes:thud