Cleaning Out My Tank

Tanya_woz_ere

Ive done a water change today. Its the 1st ive ever done with my tank because its new.

I ended up having to take out all the water and the stones !!!!! :yawn

Because it was in such a state.

Ive filled it up again but the water is really foggy!!!

Why is this???

Please help. my fish are in a differant tank though at the moment! i think pumpkins missing her home :cry1 lol

The cloudiness of a cycling tank is a sign that your good bacteria has started to grow, and is looking for a place to settle down to. To get the progress done faster, you can add sponges or other filter material to your filter, even a sponge filter, connected to an airpump, will do. It takes its time to settle, and the bigger and more water changes you do, the longer it will last. Your fish are not bothered by the cloudy water, and unless you have high ammonia or nitrite readings, I would not do too big of water changes. Just change enough water to get the readings down, do not do any more complete cleanups.

It does not look appealing for now, but one day you will check on your tank, and the cloudiness will be gone!

Been there, done that.....killed my first tropicals tank a few years back when the water turned cloudy, and I did a 100% water change. Little did I know..... :) I guess I should be thankful for that accident, since it was the dead tropicals that made me go back to the store and buy my first goldfish instead! :happydance

Archived