Update Pic Of My Little Tank

monkeyknukles

That looks really great! I am envious that such a small tank looks so good! :rolleyes: I have to ask though, having it in the window, are you having much of an algae problem?

algea has not been a problem i painted the back black with flames(kinda cool lighta on flames are green lights off they are red) but no i open the blinds during the day and when the sun peeks in it makes everything look nice puts a shadow effect dancing on the sand thats amazing,but no big algea problem i have 1 turbo and 2 black do not know what type of snails they do a great job thank you for all your kind words.

jsrtist how is your algea poblem coming along,I got hit with the cyno bug last week in my 75 been a pain starting to clear up

I like the flames. I never would have thought of doing something like that. Very nice little tank! I love the saltwater look, but I don't know if I want to spend the cash and time. If I did it, I would want a HUGE one! One of those things where I would rather enjoy someone else's than do my own. :)

Ah, my cyano is as bad as ever. I think I am just going to dismantle the tank at this point and give everything to my friend who has a 125. At this point I just dont have the money to invest into the tank and I am not enjoying it, and thats not fair to the creatures in it.

I will be keeping my star though as no one wants him (being a predator) and he would not have a good life back at the pet store. So I think I'll just set up a small tank just for him.

found it check into this stuff one guy down the street used it he over feeds on his 29 reef worked good

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_additi...ife.asp?CartId=

and i know it sucks but also try water changes up to twice a week until its gone

Edited by monkeyknukles

Sorry I havent posted back and sorry too for hijacking your thread!! LOL

My friend and I have narrowed the problem down to lighting. I will siphon out just about every bit of cyano and no joke its covering every surface two days later! My friend was telling me about a really good lighting system (50/50) so I think I am going to invest my birthday money into that. I really do love my tank and it made me very sad to think of giving my little critters away. I am attached to them.

Edit?thats a really good idea about the twice a week water changes too. I will definitely step mine up!

• 4 weeks later...