Is It Actually True That

slipperylittlesucker

I don't know if it is true or not, I heard that they let thier guest pick which one or they get thier best one and serve it the guest. :( Remember I don't know if that is true or not.

The japanese raise an ancient form of koi called a magoi that they use for food purposes. Remember all koi are just basically carp but the colored varieties we see today are not used for food.

both Koi and Goldfish are a type of carp. Koi developed out of the river carp that would swim into the rice paddies. The Japanese often used them for food, but sometimes one of them would have a splash of color aside from the normal dull brown. The farmers, thinking these fish pretty, would leave them alone. So the genes that produced such colors became advantageous to have, and mutations in the color genes led to the Koi we know today.

I am unsure about how goldfish came about, but I know they're from china.

They would be able to breed with the species they came from, especially if they could breed with an asian long-finned carp (became butterly "koi"), and goldfish (ugly ugly offspring). It's like dogs and wolves.

I think it would be cruel, but I don't think it would taste *bad*, perse. But I would never eat an animal that was in my care, unless that was the original purpose for me acquiring it.

If you ever ate out in a fancy Chinese Resuturant and ordered fish they let you pick out the fish that you want to eat. They bring you right to the tank, you point at what fish you want, they net it in front of you and they kill it right there.(NO they are not koi though) :blink::thud Gross HUH???!!!

They also do that at oriental markets. I always cringe when I see that happening.

First off, I dont find black or white fish ugly in any way!!

Secondly, no it is absolutely not safe to eat any fish that has been a pet. If you ever read the backs of your medication bottles or anything it says, "Not for fish intended for human consumption." They have been treated with so many chemicals and medications that it would be very dangerous to you.

Archived