Luna Again...

Saivite

Ok, did add some warmer water and temp is now a 72F.

She is still gasping but not at the bottom as much.

:krazy:

I don't want to lose her....boohoohoo!

Advice anyone...the sooner the better if possible.

Thanks in advance~

S~

S, what was the temp of the tank before the change?

I am not sure what you are refering to with the comment on her lungs? If you could clarify that for us.

The ph from tap to tank is very different. I can't remember were you having a ph problem in the other thread?

Do you have an airstone in the tank?

S, I went back and read the params of the tank previously. That ph is bouncing all over the place. That is a problem, could very well be the cause of gasping.

I am going to merge the threads together. Please keep just the one going. It is essential to keep the info together.

Have you been testing thru out treatment? If so please let us know what was going on there.

Hi there,

Thanks so much for being the calvary!

so, yeah, I don't know why ph was is so high

Now after water changes, it reads 7.6+

Retested the tap: 7.0.

Why would it rise like that? I see on the first post it was 6.8 - ???

So, all params stable during treatment of Maracyn 2, ammo, nitrIte, nitrAte. I didn't test ph though :(

SHe looks great, dorsal fin is healed, there's just a trace of that white splotch on her anal fin, the fuzzy's on her tail fins are almost completely gone.

I get paid tomorrow and was going to do another Marcyne 2. So it will be 3 days without meds in water.

Yesterday's water change I did add 2 tsp non-idoized salt because I have no more maracyn.

As for the lungs, I did read somewhere that high nitrAtes can cause damage to respiration ability and I thought I saw that high temps cause problems also to respiration.

Yes, I do have an airstone that puts out a nice column of bubbles.

At the moment she is hovering around the bottome and gasping more frantically, temp is now 74F

Ideas?

S~

Hey there,

I saw a post by Daryl regarding ph and one of the posts said that an airstone can cause ph to rise.

Should I disconnect it? THere is lots of current from the P200 filter...

S~

S, I think before you do that we need to figure out why the ph is bouncing so much. I am a "mid novice" with Ph, I know some but not a whiz at it.

First thing I would do is get all meds out of the tank. Since she was healing nice, I would just concentrate on the ph and temp of the water for now. Maracyn is going to run the risk of the cycle too much. Besides the Maracyn is not going to heal the problems the ph is.

You are going to need to run a test. Sit a bucket of water out overnight, test it for ph and then again in 24 hours. See if there is a difference. And post back.

Do you have any live plants in the tank?

What are the nitrates and how high did they get and when?

For the red streaks try Fungus Eliminator by jungle, it is the only thing that has helped my fish with septicemia, it suggests nothing about being an antibotic so I don't know it it is one or not but its the only thing that has helped me and saved one of my pom pons.

For some reason Maracyn 2 did nothing to helping in that area.

Savite you are right, all the illnesses do keep us on our toes. Again I am sorry to hear about Luna. It is so hard when you are trying to save them.

Archived