Sign in to follow this  
lovemypets

Black Moor

I have a 55 gallon with a common, black moor, shubukin, red cap oranda, blue oranda, and also a clown loach. It is a well established tank. I do weekly water changes. Haven't tested water in a while. I had an ick problem and lost two clown loaches that shared this tank. I treated the ick with Ick Gone by Jungle labs.

The black moor had a white film on the tops of his eyes and top of his head. All others look healthy. What could this be and how do I treat? I have an empty 29 gallon running right now that I could use as a hospital tank.

Help ASAP!

Thanks!

Hi Michelle, I too have a couple of moors that once went through cloudy eye. Usually it's caused by flexobacterial infection but can also be a result of trauma or even ammonia burn.

As they've just come through ich, there may be a chance that he now has a secondary bacterial infection. Perfect water and salt is a good place to start (salt to 0.1%). Have you noticed whether he's pooping at all? What colour is it? How bad is the white film around his head?

Now I see his side looks bad too. I took some pics. Exactly how much salt do I add is I put him in the 29 gallon tank by himself?

:( I seriously think it's time to do a check on all your Parameters.Cloudy eye can be caused from Ammonia/Chemical burns.It sounds like his slime coat may be sloughing off too.If you could go back and answer as many questions in the red Box,that would help alot.Also add the size of each fish etc.I see that you are slightly overstocked. Anyway,the more info that we have answered gives us a better all around pic of what may be going on. Post soon. :)