Marine Competition For Fun

balashark

ok, as some of you may know, we're in the midst of a tropical fish picture competition. this competition is just for fun, and has no prizes other than the satisfaction of others admiring your fish.

so i just wanted to see if there was any interest over here for a similar competition. basically everyone can submit one photo up until a set deadline, then everyone throughout the forum can come and vote for their favorite pic.

i'll volunteer to set this up, run the voting, etc. but to make it worthwhile, we'd need to know that we've got at least 5 people that would want to post pictures of saltwater or brackish fish or animals.

i was thinking if there's enough interest for a competition like this, just for fun; then i'd start this one right as the tropical fish one comes to an end. if there doesn't seem to be much interest (at least 5 people), then those that are interested are more than welcome to submit a pic into our tropical competition. so let me know what y'all think here.

oh yea, forgot that part. anyone that has any tropical fish (anything but bettas or goldies) may head over to the tropical/other fish section, there's a pinned post there. just paste one in that thread w/ what kind of fish it is until march 11th. voting will start march 12th. and everyone on koko's will be invited to vote.

sounds good, so there's two :)

and actually, i was thinkin more of just doing fish or animals, not so much tanks (since there's already a tank of the month comp). so everyone has a good chance of winning, just find your favorite pic of your fish, etc. etc.

i was thinking of starting this one after the tropical one ends, just to keep the fun going.

and i don't think they'd have to be ones that noone's seen. since you're posting the pics in a reply (unfortunate but unavoidable), everyone knows who's pic is whose anyways.

LOL I only have a few fish so it would be pretty obvious, but this still sounds like fun!! Does it have to be a fish in our own tank, or could I say take a pic of my friend's fish and post it?

lol, what are you asking me for? ;) ur the mod :D

i guess i don't see why you couldn't, enter a pic of your friends fish. as long as you or your friend took the pic, and didn't find one online to submit as your own or something. or maybe post one of your fish and one of your friends, just to get more pics up. like you're entering it for them or something.

alright, so it's settled. the voting for the tropical comp starts next weekend (so anyone that wants to can still post tropical pics over there). i'll let that go for a bit, then start one over here. just need a mod or helper to pin it for me when it starts.

LOL I guess i am the mod but its your idea! I will defintely pin the topic when it is ready. I think it will be fun! And to clarify, it is salt and brackish, fish and inverts both? :)