My New Fishy Comes Tomorrow!

daryl

Lee, I have had fish delivered multiple times before. One time, the driver had the box on the seat next to him all strapped in with the seatbelt and he said he was sorry to see him go - he enjoyed talking to the box....

All the other fish were delivered well and carefully. It was just this particular idiot driver....

I am sure your fish will be fine.... :hug Let us know about them when they arrive. I shall be on pins and needles for you, too!

You are right, Squeeker - Good catch! :exactly That picture of Bear was right after I got him and he was VERY stressed and DID have some nasty veining. He also has red stripes on his tail that accentuate that look. He is feeling much better these days and is quite the character. :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK am I the only one thinking--Sterling, gorgeous male ryukin. Ribbon, beautiful female ryukin. Any thoughts of trying to breed those two stunning fish? If so, I would gladly drive the 3 hours from here to there to take a fry or two off your hands!!

*Dreams of fabulous ryukin fry*

And thanks so much for sharing those pics! Your fish are amazing. :heart

OK am I  the only one thinking--Sterling, gorgeous male ryukin.  Ribbon, beautiful female ryukin.  Any thoughts of trying to breed those two stunning fish?  If so, I would gladly drive the 3 hours from here to there to take a fry or two off your hands!!

484861[/snapback]

I thought the same thing!

daryl, I am so sorry about the crazy UPS guy. That is truly disappointing, to say the least.

Sterling is magnificent, as is all your fish. You are quite the lucky lady! And your fish are twice as lucky to have you as a mom.

What club do you belong to, may I ask?

And I must have totally missed the post regarding how your got Sterling - what auction house did you get him through?

Wow! Sterling is more than beautiful!! More pics ASAP!!

(Oh and if you need to make more space for his majesty please allow me to adopt Ribbon!! I think HE is soooooo pretty!!!) :)

Guest Shubunkin Queen

Oh wow you must really take great pride in your fish. Is showing fish like showing cats where you have different catagories for the fish (e.g best telescope goldfish etc)? My mum shows dogs so I know a bit about showing animals.

I think Sterling and the other calico ryukin would go well together. You could always try and see what the babies would look like. If he is show quality and she is show quality then if all goes well you should be able to get good quality goldfish. :hummm

As for the delivery guy I would :fart in is general direction. :lol2

Guest goldfishbitteninOhio

Hope your fish will be OK.

Never mind the cost of the fish. That delivery man has no right to act that way.

I would of been upset if he did that to my 6cent fish Dart.

He should have the manager called about his attitude.

OMG i would be so pi@@ed. I hope to heck you called to yell at his boss. I am new to the site and was and am so excited to see sterling. I was so excited for you when reading the posts and then i got so mad for you. i hope your sterling is going to be ok. i wil think of him and you till i see a pic.

Sarah

OK am I  the only one thinking--Sterling, gorgeous male ryukin.  Ribbon, beautiful female ryukin.  Any thoughts of trying to breed those two stunning fish?  If so, I would gladly drive the 3 hours from here to there to take a fry or two off your hands!!

*Dreams of fabulous ryukin fry*

I totally thought of that as well. And it looks like you are a sucker for calico's Carol. I just love you fish. They are way beyond anything I've ever seen in a store. You have a great investment there. You have to show them for sure. Can you take a couple more pictures of Sterling for us? Pwease!!!??

Wow, I had completely forgotten that it was "Sterling delivery day" today!!

Totally ignoring that UPS guy for the moment - Sterling is magnificiant!! :heart What a beauty! I bet the poor thing is eternally happy in his new home by now, with a full stomach and a nice load of salt on him. You realize the next auction is this coming Saturday?? :rofl3

Wow. wish I could get a chance to own a fish as great as that Sterling. I don't think I've ever even seen a plain veiltail here in our LFS, let alone a huge magnificent veiltail ryukin like that. Hopefully, if I DO get a fish like that I would have moved away from our current address where we average 3 blackouts a month ever since New year's. <_<

Breeding Sterling and Ribbon? well, hate to be the sour apple here but I think I read somewhere (I think it was the Bristol Aquarist Society's webpage) that mating a pedigreed veiltail with a fish that is not a pedigreed veiltail (like ribbon for example) will result in young that are almost 100% non-veiltails. The fish that are apt to display the veiltail trait are almost always runts :blink: Also, even a veiltailXveiltail mating does not guarantee true-breeding as the young will display considerable variation in the veiltail, with degrees of forking remaining. Well, unless of course you just like their colors, that shouldn't be an issue at all.

And at the risk of repeating myself, it was fortunate you had your horrible episode with the absence of GFI's in your house before you acquired Sterling. May he have many more years of inspiring adulation from the community :lol:

daryl- sterling is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! :heart

i am so sorry to hear that the delivery guy treated him with such lack of respect... maybe this is just my somewhat bitter and impulsive side speaking, but if that was me... :madrant

i would write PETA a letter about this... who knows, maybe they would have to create higher guidelines to how their employees handle boxes containing live animals... just a thought... :angel

regardless, sorry to hear you had to go through that... it's just AWFUL!!!

Thank, Andrea - just what I need - another auction! :lol:

Actually, it will be while before I can allot any pin money to another fish. I have fish supplies and sewing supplies and garden seeds to plan for, now, too. I am actively looking and saving for a Phoenix tailed Ranchu/lionhead - a nice one, though. I want a male (you know - me and male fish.... ;) ), but I am not particular about the color or size..... but - as it has been noted - I do love calicos.

I had hoped that eventually (all problems being solved ) that he could go into my 55 tank in the kitchen with Rocky and Omar. But there is no way that tank could support the three of them, so I think he is bound for a solitary life in a 30 or 40 gallon tank. That is, until I can figure a way to take care of another large tank.....

*** think think think ***

Man ,I would love to come to your house for the day,really!!! You don't post pics of your fish very often and when you do,WOW!!!!! :yeah::heart

I could just picture looking at at all of them,going out to check out your feral cat family (after I met the infamous Bif,Hayden,Darryl,etc. :lol: And then I would love spending time looking at all your Orchids! :heart And I can only imagine from there! :lol:

Anyone visiting here gets put to work, carrying cat food and water, fish water, or tasting in the kichen......

Be forewarned! I am a tough taskmaster! ;)

Anyone visiting here gets put to work, carrying cat food and water, fish water, or tasting in the kichen......

Be forewarned! I am a tough taskmaster!  ;)

485284[/snapback]

:o I would sooooooooo fit right in! :exactly

Veiltail or no veiltail--those babies would still be gorgeous!! They would outshine my poor fantail who is missing about 80% of her tail on one side!! (He was like that when we got him.) *dreams, once again, of wonderful ryukin fry*

Awe I do hope you find a solution for STerling to have a house mate. I always feel bad for the "loner".

As for the babies he and Ribbon would have........I too think they would be gorgeous.

OOPs !! pressed the reply button by accident

Daryl, all of your fish are beautiful :wub:

And as FOR THAT DELIVERY PERSON----Well everyone has expressed what I needed to say.

Would love to see more pics of Sterling and your tank set ups. :)

:lol::rofl

When I post my fish pictures for picture of the week I never win - they are not "cute" enough! :lol: My tanks are not considered "pretty" either, I guess, so I do not do that anymore. :rolleyes:

I tend to be a minimalist in tank decor. I go for the fish - and their basic comforts. Not much more. :)

Sterling is swimming actively - I am glad he has the entire 36 inch long tank to cruise for he uses it all!

He is eating well - nearly taking my fingers off for gel food - he is a gel food junkie. He snarfed his evening snack in 1 minute flat. I shall up his feedings tomorrow.

Today, also, I identified ich and flukes on him. The tank has a UV on it now, Prazi running in the water and salt is at .3%. We will see where that goes....

All is well in Sterling's life. I just wish I did not have to wait until late August to show him!

:)

Archived