Juwel Rio 125 - Anyone Got One Of These?

mrbumblebee

Hi thanks, the previous ower told me the tank was 4 years old, so maybe it does have the old filter setup.

I'm guesingg I can leave them out as long as the media baskets and the pwoer head adapter all fit in ok. I'll have to experiment a bit I think!

I was going to add a small external filter to the new setup anyway, probably the Fluval 205. That with the powerhead 600 should push up the output. I have the 305 already on my other tank.

The new Fluval series 05 is basically the same as the 04 but with improved clips, seals etc. I'm in deepest darkest Devonshire. Thanks for your help! :)

Argh!!!

I've just broken my "new" secondhand tank! :(

Not sure exactly how it happened but I managed to crack the front panel...

It's about three inches, full thickness crack :(

I think maybe it must have been a bit weakened anyway or maybe it was just my brute force!

I was storing the tank in the spare room on a large table against the wall along with some large plastic storage boxes, I pushed one back towards the wall rather hard and smashed it into the tank, oh dear... all my own fault for not being careful enough

I don't think it would be economical to repair it, I only paid ?30 for it secondhand

I'll keep a look out for another good deal though, it's disappointing as I'm just gettng really "in" to my fishkeeping and was thinking about a tropical tank in the future as well as my goldies (space and money allowing) oh well... no more goldies for now :(

Aww thats too bad and at such a bargain too. I doubt you could get it repaired either at a reasonable cost either.

Suppose it must be back to scouring the local papers again

what a bummer

Nooooooo!!

That's just isn't fair, you must be furious.

I'm so sorry that happened to you. I know how excited you must've been getting it ready for your new fish....grrrrr.

I wish you zillions of luck in finding a replacement. :goodluck

Thanks guys :)

I was fuming mad for a while but I've calmed down now, maybe it just wasn't meant to be..

I never really had the space for another tank at the moment (I'm lodging) anyway, I was just trying plan for when I have my own place again. Now I'll focus on saving to get a brand new one and even bigger!

Archived