Fry Pics

OldHag

Today I took 100 pics of my fry, 3 turned out good, have to share!

This is Goldie, the most colorful of them! :heart

101b0661.jpg

My masterpiece, two faces staring at you! Carpus, the biggest one! :heart

101b0620small.jpg

Both of them + Comet to the right! (+ one of their snailie friends!)

101b0610.jpg

The other five were too fast for my camera, they were just tiny blurrs... :D

Next time... :)

:heart They are so cute! Goldie is very colorful!

I go nuts taking pics of my fish, only to find that none or only a few were good enough to use, like you said happened. The fish are either going crazy because they see me and start begging for food or you have one particular fish that is a camera hog and always glued to the glass, looking out of focus because you were focused in on other fish. :exactly

Thanks for sharing your pics!

Beautiful pics! :) You are so clever to get them to that size! Goldie is sooo pretty and Carpus looks so sweet and a little shy even tho' he's a big one! Thay are adoreable. Wish I had the same success story with fry....Well done Anette! :D

You're absolutely right about that, Carpus is a little shy and he swims away when I point my finger at him! So this pic is a miracle, I use close up mode without flash, gets close to the glass and use the "three-pics-at-a-time" function and this one turned out good, I yelled of happiness when I saw this little face on the screen!

Awww Anette, they beautiful :heart

They look so healthy also :D Is there anything you have to do when they're fry to keep them healthy? I'm talking about when they're all transparent little bodies with 2 big eyes (roughly 2 weeks old)...

Well, I've learned that water must be perfect, otherwise they'll die... :( And there are a lot of places where a little fry can get stuck, I have saved fry from the filter many times... :) I read about your little fry, good luck! :heart

Lol - thanks Anette :D I've got him in a little 5 gal and am running a small hang on filter. I ended up putting pantyhose around the bottom of the intake in the hope he won't get stuck although he seems to like hanging over the other side of the tank. There's been a few times i've looked in and thought "huh? he seems to have disappeared!" then his tiny little body will show itself :D

I hope he grows like your fry - you must take great care of them :heart

I shouldn't talk about my fry, :( now Monster's acting weird, resting at the bottom, swimming only close to the bottom, she doesn't look good... :(

101_1050.jpg

My monster fry is dead. :cry1 Sorrow and sadness. That was a special fry, with the double tail, she was the biggest of my fry until Carpus outgrow her. There were 2 monster fry from the beginning, the first one I killed with bad water quality, the fry tank weren't cycled then... well now she has joined her brothers/sisters... :( I think it's almost impossible to treat fry... don't know what was wrong, hope the others will keep on their healthy lives... they look so good...

:( I'm very sorry to hear that Anette.Being that everyone else is doing so well,Monster must have had internal probs that just couldn't be seen.Know that you did your best,& good luck with the other's.They look so cute. :)

Yes I buried her next to Maxi :cry1:( I think so to, there was something wrong from the beginning. I will keep all six to my self and hope they grow big, there is room enough in the pond.