Sign in to follow this  
TamtheLittleBlackMoor

An Intelligent Goldfish 'begginer' Article

I must say, I was extremely impressed by this article. It's on page 18 and 20 Fish Kids Q&A section. If anyone reads AFM this is a great achievement, if you don't you should look into picking one up from your LFS. The article is not avaliable online or I'd send a link, but later on tonight I'll scan and post it for all to enjoy; unless someone who has it wishes to type it out.

Alrighty, I'm not sure if this will be readable but it's the biggest I can get it. page one

page two

All material is © Aquarium Fish Magazine of course.

I've read that article before. I thought it was great (and I liked the picture of the black bubble eye; it looks so velvety.) It's nice that they specified tank size on the second page.

BTW Tam, I don't know if you knew this but the second page cuts off just after "and goldfish require plenty of water changes. A minumum".

"If anyone reads AFM this is a great achievement, if you don't you should look into picking one up from your LFS."

I actually do get AFM; it seems more of a freshwater/tropical/cichlid magazine, but I enjoy reading it, just to learn more. (My friends think it's hilarious that I subscrib to a fish magazine.) Do you get AFM Tam?

Oh thanks for pointing out the cut off! I didn't realize that.

Roano, I don't get AFM but when they have articles I am interested in I'll pick one up at my LFS. No worries about your friends giving you the bully, everyone in my family thinks I'm nuts for keeping 'just goldfish' in a 55 gallon. Haha, if they could only realize how much fish rock!

I didn't used to get AFM, and just borrow it once and a while from the library; just this year my parents bought me the subscription as a gift. I'm also interested in a pond fish mag advertised in AFM, but I haven't seen it for sale anywhere.

"No worries about your friends giving you the bully, everyone in my family thinks I'm nuts for keeping 'just goldfish' in a 55 gallon."

I just love the looks on their faces; I get it out and read it in front of them when I can. My family was a little skeptical at first about the 10 gal rule and why I was so serious about keeping goldfish, but now they're supportive and even help my out with my fish (although my dad has pulled the 'their just fish' line a couple of times till he saw how upset I get over the comment).

I just love the looks on their faces; I get it out and read it in front of them when I can. My family was a little skeptical at first about the 10 gal rule and why I was so serious about keeping goldfish, but now they're supportive and even help my out with my fish (although my dad has pulled the 'their just fish' line a couple of times till he saw how upset I get over the comment).

480082[/snapback]

:exactly I back you 100% on everything you said. Does AFM come every month?

Yeah, every month. My newest one I got seemingly at the beginning of this month, but it was for April! So I'm getting them about two months earlier each time.

Hi,

Beside AFM, are there any goldfish specific or freshwater/gf mags out there that are worth subscribing to?

S~

Like I said, there's a pond fish one (don't remember the name) and that might focus more on koi/goldfish in ponds. I don't know though, I've never read it. There is also Aquarium USA, and I heard from a LFS that it was even better than AFM, but I've never read it so I can't personally recommend it. It seemed similar to AFM in that it was indoor freshwater/marine/tropical fish. Maybe a library around you has a subscription to it, and you could read through and find one you like. I haven't seen/heard of any goldfish magazines, but there could be one out there. Me, I just get my 'goldfish fix' by coming on here.