Sign in to follow this  
Lynn

Shabunkin Or Comet

Guest Shiari

comets are the normal goldfish colors. Orange, orange and white, or white. Sarasa comets are white with red.

Shubunkins are little calicos. they have white and black and orange, all mixed together.

This is a Shub

http://www.pondxperts.com/shubunkins.jpg

Most of them have a Calico pattern to them and long body with long fins. The bristals will have blue hues to them.

This is a comet

http://www.wardleyfish.com/images/webfish/...h/large/G18.jpg

Most comets are the golden color and other colors. Bodies of the two are almost the same but the Shubs mostly are the Calico color to them :)

:unsure: Will they cross and if so what will I get. More of the same. I love the ones I got, I was told that they where all Shabunkins and some of them are red and white, some look just commen GF ( I hate that word Commen, no GF is commen to me) just bigger and then some are calico color. :blink:

It will depend on there Gentics of what will come out :)

If you got some photos I would love to post them and show you which ones are which :o

KoKo, what is that GF at the top of your web site, the white one? I have one just like that. I call her lipstick, becouse she has red on her uppper lip and in her front fins. Is that a comet?

KoKo, what is that GF at the top of your web site, the white one? I have one just like that. I call her lipstick, becouse she has red on her upper lip and in her front fins. Is that a comet?

Thats my Cheers. Shes a sarasa comet. These fish are just stickly in the color in Red patches no other color on them :)

Guest Shiari

It's a beautiful fish, your sarasa. My Kenshin has nowhere near that much color on him. He has a patch from the middle of his head to about halfway down the dorsal fin, and then a patch right by his tail. The only good thing is that it's still a bright, almost koi red. I'd steal your fish if I could, Koko. :rofl

So, Sarasa, is frferring to the color of the comet. My Lipstick is all white, but red on one side fin and upper lip. If I knew how to send you the pics, I would. I have so many. From the frist day the Last week. :lol