Diy Stand

Guest gldfshkpr

Guest gldfshkpr
Too bad you don't know someone who is handy and has a workshop.  My husband built a beautiful stand for my 29 gallon, for less than $20.00.  And talk about sturdy  :D

Do you have any pics or plans you could share? I'm always on the lookout for DIY stand plans!

My husband didn't use plans. He just made a simple frame using 2 x 4's (as I said, this thing is strong :D ), then he clad it with MDF, and a bit of trim. Then painted it. I will look and see if I have a picture already. If I don't, I will take one.

I found a picture of my two tanks in my sunroom. One is built in, and has a handy cupboard underneath for some of my fish stuff. The little free standing one, is the stand I was talking about :D

I also have an oak stand and canopy upstairs, that was custom made a cabinet maker for its previous owner. I was lucky enough to get it second hand :D

My 20 gallon and 5.5 gallon are sitting on a horizontal metal filing cabinet in my workspace. They make great aquarium stands since they are so darn strong.

post-11-1069624851.jpg

• Admin

Hey if you happen to have the time and have the step by step instructions on how it was done and if you want to could you post it in the How To forum. That would be just peachy :D

Guest gldfshkpr
My husband didn't use plans.  He just made a simple frame using 2 x 4's (as I said, this thing is strong  :D ), then he clad it with MDF, and a bit of trim.

Thanks touchofsky, I agree with koko. If you could post any details in the "How To" forum I'm sure there would be many happy campers! There are right and wrong ways to "brace" 2x4's and the wrong way could be disastrous. I totally understand if it's too much trouble. Sometimes people take progress photos... figured it couldn't hurt to ask. The tanks really look beautiful together. I like that they're accessible and not too high. Very nice!

I will ask my husband to make a little drawing of the frame of the stand before he put on the cladding.

I love that room in our house. It is a little sunroom, and I have a couple of wicker chairs in there. and lots of plants, and the two aquariums. I like to have my coffee in there in the morning, and watch the fish :D

I haven't posted any pictures in any of the member's sections. I will try to get some new ones, and post them. I may (fingers crossed) be getting a new, much better digital camera for Christmas ... then I can take some really good pictures :D

I love your setups. I would also love to see a close up of your tanks. They look beautiful and your husband did a great job on the stand he built. What size tanks are they and are they all goldfish in the tanks? :)

When we built this house, I had a few tanks. A 38 gallon and two 10 gallons. We knew where we wanted to put the 38 gallon, so we built it into the bookcase type thing in the sunroom. At that time, I had tropical fish in it. Then a friend traded two tanks (a 25 gallon and a 20 gallon) for a couple of paintings of mine. The 25 gallon is the one on the little free standing stand. My husband is going to make a canopy for the 25 gallon tank, and I think I will upgrade to a 29 gallon, because then the tank would be taller and would be closer in height to the 38 gallon. More info than you ever wanted to know.

At the present time, I also have the two 10 gallon tanks, plus a 5.5 QT tank, plus the 20 gallon and a 66 gallon tank. Creeping tank syndrome :rofl

I have goldfish in all of them except for one of the 10 gallons. It is home to my 11 year old corydoras catfish :)

The larger tank (38 gal.) currently houses Griffin and Granite, two lionheads. The 25 gallon houses Harlequin, a orange/white ryukin.

:hi Fishy Friends,

Anyone interested in DIY projects can find out how to build tanks and stands at GARF. Look under DIY pages. This where I found plans to build my tank stand and future 180gal. tank (tank not to be built until we move into our new home). These plans can be adjusted for any size tank and stand. Good luck to all you future DIYers. My stand looks beautiful :panana

It would have been neat to have built the two tanks into the wall in the corner, with them sort of meeting like an "L". However, when we built the house, I only had the one 33 gallon tank (which is now a 38 gal), and two small 10 gallon tanks.

Cody is very cute, and very cuddly. He is a big baby :D

Archived