Uh Oh Guys

TangerineSpedo

i went and spent the night ta my friends house last night, so when i came in the morning one of the ghost shrimp was lying on my desk!!! and spike has this weird looking cut on his head i dont know what happened!! i dont know what to do guys, i put the shrimp back in the water.. and spikes a little bloated, his gillcover is like different colors... what do i do?

post-18-1069614310.jpg

Ghost shrimp can really jump so you'll need to have a covered tank. Of course bettas jump too so it should definitely be covered. I wouldnt worry too much about the scrape on the head. Just keep your eye on it. Sometimes theyjust bump into something and its not serious.

A lot of time bettas get constipated really easily, so this could be what youre seeing. His scales arent sticking out, are they? Try not feeding him for a day or two, adn after that make sure he gets a good variety of foods. My veiltail has the same problem if I only feed him betta pellets. Try frozen bloodworms, too. They love those!

thats the weird thing! it is covered! except for this one little hole.. he must have escaped through it... doesnt look like he is going to make it thought... ahh thank you.. good nothing too worry about too much.. whew it was just i was gone for one night and all this happened freaked me out! thank you

Those bettas are very good jumpers, and they can find the smallest spot or hole to make it through. I had a female betta in a covered tank, except for a hole of about on inch in diameter. And out she went! She even would have made it, if I would have found her instead of my cat! <_>

Archived