My Baby Goldfish Is In Pretty Bad Condition!

GoldfishGoddess

Hi Everyone!!!

Tiger Lilly is my orange goldish goldfish, she lives in a 20 gallon tank with her tank friends ( C , PaintBrush, and Princess). I noticed one night she had a white speck, that I assumed was eye fungus. I quickly set up the 5 gallon hospital tank with it's weak Fuval filter, and put her in the next morning, when the water came around to room temp. The Fuval filter, only has a sponge , no carbon, and runs smoothly. After, she was very weird, circlcling in circles rapidly, and swimming down to the bottom fast and hit the glass hard. She did that, for a night, then calmed down to normal, steady, swimming. It turned out she didn't have eye fungus, but red sores, frayed fins, fin rot, and body fungus. I add 1/2 a tablet of Tank Buddies, that heals red sores, fungus, and fin rot etc. A full tablet accomidates for a 10 U.S. Gallon. The tablet disolves in 2 minutes giving the water a greenish, blue color. I clean the tank every week, and add a new half a tablet, rinsing the sponge, and plastic plants. I do not put gravel in, in case she hits herself on them, also somewhere I read fish get better much more without gravel in the hospital tank but with the natural surrondings. I need help with Tiger Lilly not eating, properly. I feed the usual goldfish flakes, if the fish shows no interest for four days in a row, I switch to tiny beta pellets. She is not responding to sprila flakes, topical flakes, basic goldfish flakes, green goldfish pellets, or the beta pellets. What should I do? Does anyone know?

Thank you

Goldfish Goddess :cry1

• Admin

What is the water quality like ammonia, nitrites, nitrates in that hospital tank. If its not in the good the fish will show other signs of being sick. Just from what I have seen you say thats what Im leaning too, :(

Hi Koko, and Everyone Else!

Thanks for your help. The Ph is around the 7.9 , tomorrow I test again for Ph and Nitrates, Anommia, etc. So far Tiger Lilly has not been getting worse, and as far as I have seen in previous dieases with fin rot and fungus, it gets only worse when the fish is not eating. Do you know anything about the eating? I try to balance the goldfish's diet to different types, and I think the safest thing to do is just hope, and wait till the goldfish is ready to eat. I mean you can'r force it, unless you force feed, but I'm always afraid I'll hurt the goldfish more if I force feed. So I try, wait, and pray!

Thank you,

Goldfish Goddess :huh::unsure::o

• Admin

When my fish wont eat I try to remember the kind of food that is there fav, to make sure they will atleast eat something.

I know of one food thats an antibotic food that most goldfish when sic will eat every bit of it. "Medigold" from http://www.goldfishconnection.com.

Hi Koko and Everyone Again!!

I coukdn't test the nitrates, annomia, and Ph etc. today because I was at work to long, over - time. Thanks again for your help..and I'll check out that food, and try to buy it next time, I get a chance to shop. I appricate your help...Do you know prehaps any other remidies I could try?

Thank you, again,

Goldfish Goddess :(:o:huh::cry1

Hi!

I forgot to add something, Tiger - Lilly is swimming round in circles, but she is not bumping her head on the tank floor glass like she did before, thankfully. Do you know why she is circling? It's gets very annoying when you don't know what's wrong... Ahhh..Aggravating..Just waiting, hoping, Maybe she'll get better..I hate waiting...especilly when I don't know what's going to happen

Worried!

GOldfish Goddess :unsure::o:huh::cry1:(

Okay, thanks everyone! look any better though, actully she looks a little bit worse. When I woke up this morning, she wasstuck in her green clear plastic tunnel. I thought she was dead, but her fins were opening and closing, breathing. She's tail standing now. I 'm afraid theres nt much hope left for him. Poor baby.

But I do got good news, check for my post BABIES

Thanks again!

:)

But I'm still :cry1

And So I'm still worried, and sad :huh:

Goldfish Goddess :(

Tiger Lilly is not any better, I'm afraid. She is slowing down on her breathing and stays all the time leaned agasit the front left corner of the tank. Poor baby! Can you imagine what it's like to just stay there,? You want to see your friends in your hometank, not knowing or knowing you ar going to die, I feel so bad! I looked for Medigold in my local petsote, no such luck at finding it. I And I am going to go on the website for Medigold you suggested. I'm afraid, there's not much hope for her, sorry, him prehaps. She hasn't eaten for a long time now! I wish when I wnet out this afternoon I got another jar of Tropical Flakes, I hadn't got any left. I am soo bad, fogetful, and selfish!

:huh::cry1:yawn:unsure:

Worried and Sad

Goldifhs Goddess

• 2 months later...

Hello :(

A few morning?s ago, when I woke up, I looked in Tiger Lilly?s hospital aquarium

( where she is staying still) and she was lying on her side. This really freaked me out, because I thought she was dying. I felt so powerless. Later, still before school, I cleaned her aquarium. I luckily had put out a bucket of water out the night before in hopes of cleaning the aquarium the next day or the day after. I took the guck from the filter, cleaned the sponge ( no carbon), and the plants and gravel and then decided to see if she?d eat. I hand fed her some flakes. She ate them right down and then I put the clean water in and all the plants, and activated the Fuval filter. Imediatley she got up back to a normal sittting poistion. That is one unnormal fishie I got there - it was like she wanted me to clean that aquarium, and she wanted it done then, not later, not the day after, right then.

Last night, I cleaned her aquarium again because she is lying on her side again. I tried to hand feed her again, but she wouldn?t keep it down, and kept spitting. What should I do? Any ideas?

And also, is it normal for fungus to turn black?

I hope Tiger Lilly has a chance at a life ahead. Pray for her, please. Thank you for all your help.

I will test the Ph tomorrow.

- Jasmin

:huh::cry

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

any time you quaranteen a fish in an uncycled tank, you need to change the water EVERY day so that ammonia and wastes do not build up and cause more problems. It sounds like your fish was having problems with ammonia in the water due to the shredded tail, quick breathing etc. I have a goldie in isolation right now and I have to change the water every day.

• 1 month later...

Archived